Just Another Blog Post - it's about Time

 I can tell I haven't written in awhile because it feels awkward. My sentences are clunky and my vocabulary is pediatric haha... I like how I just drove my point home. I haven't written a poem in forever. Let's see if one will magically come to the surface as I tap the keys.


Time is ridiculous

It tells me I have waited forever,

Then comforts me about my glacial speed of change.

Time is bipolar

It loves me and then hates me

It can't seem to decide how to treat me

From one of its personal increments to the next

Time owns me

Time controls me

It's abusive or friendly depending on its mood

Time heals all wounds.

I live my life by Time

Time knows this and uses it to its advantage

Time is a sonofabitch and a savior

It steals my vacations and the youth of my children

It leaves me hours of work, days of grief, years of sadness

I just need Time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing