Creativity Challenge

creativity
[kree-ey-tiv-i-tee, kree-uh-]

1. the state or quality of being creative.
2. the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.; originality, progressiveness, or imagination
3.the process by which one utilizes creative ability

I noticed I haven't been taking many photos or writing as much as I used to (especially now that I'm in college).  Well... I have issued myself a challenge to remedy that since I know how important creative outlets are to my mental health.  Starting on October 1st I am going to create at least one thing every day: photograph, sketch, poem, prose, painting, sculpture, spoken word, music, wood burning, journal entry, a hypothesis, invention, an original idea... it doesn't matter what it is as long as it wouldn't have existed if I hadn't brought it to fruition.  A creation.

My goal is to just keep on going.  I'm shooting for a full year, but I won't be devastated if I can't make it the full 365.  I just know I want to create.  I'm not going to judge my work or fret over how good it is.  I'm just going to do SOMETHING anything creative and then see how my art progresses... and if my self esteem increases.  I want to prove to myself once and for all that I am creative, unique, worthwhile and original.  This seems like a good way to do that.  I picked October because the leaves are going to start changing & Fall is when I feel the most inspired anyway, so might as well start off strong!

Brennan's really excited to do it with me and anyone else who wants to attempt this is more than welcome to join in the fun!  I will be keeping track of things and sharing along the way.  Wish us luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing