ER Strength Training

Yesterday afternoon Brennan fell through the slats in the banister on the upper floor, down to the marble stairs 6 feet below... and landed on his head. He is miraculously fine. They took x-rays and the one 6" long, 1" high bump he had on his head is now a barely visible red mark. I don't know how we got away with this, but I am thankful.

72 - Practice

I walked the halls with him in my arms for 6 hours last night. Today he's been really cranky and wants to be held (and of course Daddy won't do) so I've been carting around a 25lb 22mos old for about twelve hours. He's also getting a cold, which doesn't help. I have 3 bushels of clean laundry waiting to be folded but any time I move I am treated to a full-out kicking and screaming, flat on the floor, snot bubbles and drool strings, toddler fit.

While this is going on Tristan is climbing and jumping all over the place, doing cartwheels, talking non-stop about nothing... but God forbid I don't listen! He also manages to tease his brother. They tease each other. They smack and fight. I am tired and sore, but I am still very motivated. Know why? Because today my toddler is in my arms, teasing his brother and being his old normal self after a fall that should have seriously injured him, or worse. He was sleeping on me in my bed last night as I cried all over his miracle baby head. Everything is just fine! :) Before all this happened I was really busy with editing photos from my last infant shoot and exercising.

Despite the fact that I don't want to be one of those annoying people blabbing on about fitness and food, I guess I'm gonna. It's either going to bore the bejeezus out of you or motivate you (it will at least explain the title).

I started this 100 day cardio, strength, nutrition, and emotional well-being challenge with a 700+ member group of Rants From MommyLand fans. I just started on Monday. It is now Friday. The challenges don't seem hard, but they are. The following body parts are killing me: thighs, calves, shins, glutes, and abs. One thing that doesn't hurt is my pride. I am having so much fun doing this. The women on this site crack me up every day and even though we don't work out together, it feels like we all do. There's a lot of support and honesty and it motivates me to keep going. I can't stop or I won't get to enjoy the laughs and love anymore!

Tomorrow is Saturday Unplugged. Noah has a game and hopefully Brennan will be feeling better so we can go to a park or something. I'd love to go on a hike or something if the weather's nice enough!

Comments

Britni said…
OMG!!!! I am soooo glad he is ok!!!! How scary! I know what you mean after something like that you just don"t wanna let them go. I would have cried & cried too.

Way to go on working out. I am starting to feel motivated...its a start, lol. Its a slow process for me...I start feeling motivated a fe weeks before actually working out, haha. I am in the early stages of weaning. Evan is down to 3 times a day & once at night....it's gonna be a long process, he is quite attached.....but as soon as I have weaned him ...tae-bo here I come, yippe!!! Keep up the great work. I am sure you will be feeling awesome by the time summer is here!!
Michelle said…
I just had a rough day...so it was nice to read your day and "feel" for you as well. So many times we have been at the ER and marveled that our BOYS (Alex was never in those predicaments) have come through some accident with minor injuries. Glad to hear the little man is doing well. :)
kblackwelder said…
Oh my gosh!! I cried reading what happened to sweet Brennen! I am so glad he's okay!! His guardian angel must be working overtime!

I'm also so proud of the work you're doing! You and Jess both have such huge responsibilities and it's wonderful that you understand how important it is physically and mentally for you to take care of yourselves! Great job!!
So thankful he is okay. I know that feeling where you just can't stop holding them, kissing them, and whispering Thank You's. How scary for all of you especially him. I should really check out this site that is challenging you. I really need people to keep me motivated to keep working out.
Cheryl said…
Wonderful to know that your littlest man is doing well. I remember the feelings of fear and gratitude. One sunny afternoon in Germany, the neighborhood kids all came running up our stairwell shouting that Sean had killed himself and his eye was lying on his cheek...imagine my relief that it was only a concussion and a few stitches...lol...hang tough, mom...boys aren't easy, but they are worth it:) hugs.
Haley Elizabeth said…
OMG!! I am so glad he is okay! That had to be so scary. Leah likes to cuddle when she is sick, but other then that she is on the run 24/7. I bet it was nice to cuddle for a while, but I'm sure it was hard to get things done. Congrats on the new work out plan. I will seriously be doing something when new baby is born. My plan is to walk with both girls while Haley is in school. I have never had a Spring/summer baby. I'm so excited b/c I'm hoping the baby weight will come off faster this time around!
I'm so glad he is okay. How scary. Great job on the working out, I started on Jan. 1st and I'm still going strong. I found a great workout that has really motivated me it's called turbo jam. So fun and addicting. I never thought I would get addicted to working out.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing