Untitled - April 7th, 2016

What would happen if I wrote
Just sat here and let the ink flow.
Shapes of letters becoming words on pages...
What would be said?
What's in my head?
"Be brave" she said
Again?!
What's so brave about this?
Impermanence
Why when thinking of life's shortness
Do I yield to fear and not
Fearlessness

Minimize, minimal, temporary, temporal
Time is brief, short, struts and frets
It should be empowering to realize it
But I can't
I see time as a death sentence,
My life as a struggle to overcome myself.
I want to be liberated from the responsibility
Of becoming worthwhile in the blink of an eye.

Who is this who owns me?
The biggest bullies are within.

"Be brave" she said
So I publish it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing