Big Surprise and Brennan's 2nd Birthday

Saturday was baseball game day, as per usual. I chatted with friends and cheered on their kids while Noah practiced before his game. Then everyone started clearing out, and Noah's game started... the wind picked up and the temp dropped, Brennan and Tristan started whining and throwing fits because they were tired. I was trying to maintain order and balance while cheering Noah on from the stands. Brennan was crying at my lap, smacking me in the legs. Tristan was whining about wanting yet another sucker, hanging on the fence and arching his back in true toddler style. I was kinda done... I had tuned them out and was just watching the game quietly while I'm sure the parents in the stands were wondering why i was ignoring my kids. Same as every other Saturday!

Then I hear "need some help" and there he was... my Joshua :) He got off work a couple hours early, went straight to the airport, boarded in Naples, connected in Rome, landed in Madrid, and jumped into a cab to the game from there. It was like all those misty chick-flick moments we women dream about, but it actually happened. And yes I did cry a little. Brennan and Tristan were so busy whining they didn't even notice until I said "Hey! who's this guy?!" and then they immediately stopped whining, yelled DADDY! and gave him big hugs... and made him take them to the potty and to get suckers lol. No rest. Noah was busy playing, and right when Josh was getting back from the bathroom he was up to bat. He struck out (first time ever) and was feeling a little defeated. Josh walked up to the fence and called to him and then HUGE SMILES and a high five followed shortly by a big hug in the dugout (and I got all misty again).

After the game we chilled at home for a spell so the kiddos could take naps while Noah played the wii... great timing. Then we headed out to the mall for some dinner at an all you can eat Brazilian place where they just keep bringing different meats to the table. Our little cavedudes were so excited. They counted (and devoured) every new meat that came out, the final count was 9. We picked up some shoes for me, some presents for Brennan, and headed home to get the kids down to bed. At this point Josh had been awake for... days. I don't even know. I think he lost track too. He took a nap after much insisting from me, and I cleaned up the house and got everything ready for cake-baking. We watched a couple movies and drank some wine. We finally went to sleep at around 4? On the couch. Got woken up at 7 I believe. Poor Josh lol. Let the birthday fun begin!!

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

Brennan got his cake for breakfast. He sang happy birthday to himself and was ecstatic. He blew out all his candles :) He loved all his new toys. They played on the slide in the living room all morning while we dozed in and out of consciousness on the couch to cartoons, giggles, fights, whining, yelling, and other boy noises.

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

Eventually we got up and around. The weather was crappy so we took them to Burger King so they'd be able to get some energy out indoors. We ended up ordering a pizza for us at home. The weather finally cleared up so we sent them outside to try out the new toys.

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

They shoveled and wheelbarrowed dirt in the greenhouse for hours. We polished off the pizza, popped a movie in for the kids, took showers, and then had to take Josh back to the airport. All three of them fell asleep in the van on the way there, but woke up as I was driving back home alone. They were perfectly ok with Daddy being gone again, though a little sad as always and all agree he should come home every weekend ;) ::sigh:: I wish!

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

20110501 Brennan's 2nd Birthday

That brings us to now. I am sitting outside watching them throw dirt, shovel dirt, uproot and replant weeds, and dig and refill holes in the greenhouse. So far it's been a fantastic day. I found out Noah doesn't have school tomorrow so we're going to have a late dinner and watch a movie tonight. Guess I had better get to cooking... don't want to be up too late (again)! :) Josh is landing back in Naples and going straight to work from the airport for at least a 12hr shift. He is amazing. Thanks again for the surprise, babe. Having you here made Brennan's birthday so much more special!! Miss you already. Hope you get some sleep! We love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing