Funeral Procession

Today I was on my way to the park when a Lance Cpl. Stephen J. Perez' funeral procession crossed my path. I knew right away he was in the military because at the head of the line was about 10 motorcycles with flags and a "we support the troops" banner... the Patriot Guard Riders. I sat through the light changing at least 7 times and just cried. I started crying as soon as I saw those motorcycles. I was glad there were so many people going to pay their respects, 7 traffic lights worth, maybe more. I hope he knows how many lives he touched. I am not positive it was Stephen Perez, but he's from San Antonio, he was posted about on the PGR forum and he just passed on April 13th so it seems like a good assumption to me. I'm sorry you didn't make it home, Stephen. My tears go out to your family and friends. Thanks for choosing to serve.

On a less morbid note... we had fun at the park chasing ducks and sneaking peeks at the flamingos in the zoo. Time for Noah's nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing