This is to recognize all of those often underestimated, unseen, and unheard heroes that are in love with a soldier.
- This is for the young women that are waking up at 6 a.m. every morning, laying out clothes and packing three lunches for those small precious children that they have been left alone to care for.
- This is for the pregnant Army wife wondering if her husband will make it home in time to watch their miracle happen.
- This is for the childless Army wife, living in a town or on a base alone where she is a complete stranger to her surroundings.
- This is for the women that feel like a third leg when they go out with their friends and their husbands.
- This is for the Army wife that canceled all her plans to wait by the phone, and even though the phone broke up and cut off every time you spoke to him, you waited anyway.
- This is a pledge to the women that cry themselves to sleep in an empty bed.
- This is to recognize the women that felt like she was dying inside when he said he had to go, but smiled for him anyway.
- This is for those of you that are faithfully in that long line at the post office once a month, handling two large boxes and two small children like a pro.
- This is for that woman that decided to remodel the house to pass time, and then realized that she had no idea what she was doing, and sighed and wished she had a little help.
- This is for all the lonely nights, all the one-person dinners, and all of the wondering thoughts because you haven't heard from him in days.
- This is for the sad Army wives, the angry Army wives, and the strong Army wives. A toast to you for falling apart, and putting yourselves back together.
- Because the paycheck isn't enough, a body pillow in your bed is no consolation, and a web cam can never compare.
This is for all of you no matter how easy or hard this was for you. Our soldiers are brave, they are heroes, but so are we. So the next time someone tells you that they would never marry an Army guy, don't bother explaining to them you can't control who you fall in love with. Just think of this and nod your head, know that you are a stronger woman ! Hold your heads up high, hang that flag in your front yard, stick 100 magnets on your car, and give yourself a pat on the back.
Be proud to be the woman that you are.
Be proud to be an Army wife.
this made me bawl my eyes out even worse today, but it was a greatly appreciated sob