Our Time is Short

We've officially gotten all the paperwork required to start processing out of Spain.  Josh excitedly showed it to me and read it out loud during lunch today.  We're trying to get out of here by mid-May.  It's so real now.  Wow... only a little over 2 months left.

Time to go back to my country.  All I can think about are all the things I don't like about America.  I don't need to list them.  I don't want to.  I can't say I'm excited about it, because I'm not.  I am not ready to leave Spain yet.  I love and miss family and friends something fierce, but there is so much here to miss.  I love the USA, but I also love Spain.  I'm looking forward to taking it back with me and shaking things up, maybe changing a few people around me.  I'm proud of myself for experiencing Spain enough to feel this way about it, but it's like I'm moving away from a good friend (never fun).

Eventually this will pass and I'll get excited about going back home.  Just not yet.  For now I need to shed a few tears and wallow in my castle in Spain, gaze at my mountains, enjoy some tapas, visit monuments that are older than my country, drink cheap delicious wine, eat cheap amazing olive oil, sample more cheeses, wear my scarves and jewelry and boots, take a metric ton of pictures, use my Spanish, and see as many cities as I can before I have to go.  Then I will start researching the DC area, find me some exciting places to try and get excited about going someplace new.

Comments

Sandy said…
Sadness and happiness at the same time. I understand how it can be sad to leave and exciting to be closer to family again. DC has some nice features. Let me know if you have any questions. Being a Girl Scout person in the area meant I got to be familiar with an impressive swath of the area. Would be nice to make use of the knowledge.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing