Words Words Words

I want to write words that can sing
Carry you off in their meaning
Or ones that sit in your gut like gravel
Grinding at your core until you can finally
Understand

I want words that can paint the perfect picture
Draw metaphors that transport you into another's shoes
The geese, the path less taken, the caged bird

I want to pull you in close like we're sharing a secret


just you and me


quietly


gently


effortlessly


whisper


That one perfect thing that awakens you

The flame
The seed
That's what I want my words to be.

I want to find words that attach to your heart
And make it pound
     and ache
       and skip

I want to write words that can finally fill
That empty space
You hadn't known was there in the first place

I want to confuse you with
Hidden
Me an in G
Send you h----u....n-t---ing
M-a-k-e y-o-u slow down and t-h-i-n-k
About what you're avoiding.

I want words that have exceptional power
Grand, rushing, tidal waves
That can melt stone
Or topple mountains
Destroy entire planets
Just so you can start over again

I want words you can wallow in
Marinate in, bathe in, get drunk on
Ones you desperately want to soak up
Words you need to ingest
Devour, inhale, snatch, absorb

I want words that ignite your passions
I want to give them to you
Because they aren't mine
They were given to me too

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing