As We Eagerly Await Thursday

It's slowly sinking into my ever-so-cautiously protected military wife brain that Josh IS coming home. His plane arrives here on Thursday night, nearly Friday... for the last time. This is the last time I will have to say hello or goodbye to my hubby. This is the last time I'll have to go to an airport to drop off or pick up our kids' father for a visit. It's finally happening! I'm allowing years of stress to melt off my shoulders, well actually it's more like chipping away boulders of stress... stress boulder shoulders. I spent a few minutes yesterday shedding some happy tears, allowing myself to believe it's almost over. I sucked it all back in, though... we've got 3 more days before I can truly "relax".

Karrie and I painted the hallway and dining area back to white. I still have to paint Noah's walls and my kitchen cupboards. I think we're leaving everything else as is. I had to strap Tristan on for the ride for a bit there. Don't worry, we had amazing ventilation... however, I couldn't quite manage to keep his toes off the wall hahaha.

Noah's still amazing. He loves Tristan so much and is so gentle with him. I couldn't ask for a sweeter little boy. The other day I made us tuna noodle casserole and there were leftovers... because it's tuna noodle casserole :P I left it sitting on the stove and got to nursing Tristan again. Noah suddenly disappeared and I heard some banging around in the kitchen. I assumed he was getting something out he wasn't supposed to or trying to sneak a snack or something. I swore he mentioned cheese earlier so I was afraid he was trying to cut his own cheese :O I ended up yelling at him from my chair to stop messing around in there and just WAIT. So, I finish up and go into the kitchen and what do I see? He had gotten out tupperware and a lid and was putting the leftover casserole away! I apologized like a million times for yelling at him and allowed him to finish up. What a great kid :) Seriously... most grown men don't even do the things he has the courtesy to do. Thank God for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ;) heh.

I've been preparing Tristan for Josh's return as best I can. I show him pictures and talk to him about it and we call Josh on the speakerphone. Tris really loves his Daddy's voice. We still have so much work to do, but I figure I deserve a break before he gets here and everything turns into a crazy tornado of stress and responsibility. I do dishes and laundry, but that's about it. We'll clean when everything's been moved out. I have the guy from Allied Vans coming on Wednesday to do a walk-through so they know what to bring to move us. I need to look up some moving companies that will ship our car. I need to put the house up for sale still. Or maybe for rent. We still haven't decided. Sigh. I wish he could just come home and we could be HOME and relax and enjoy the moment. Eh, it'll happen eventually and then we'll get bored hahah ;)


Tristan is going through his 3mos growth spurt. He's eating all the time and not sleeping more than 4 hour chunks. It's not bugging me too much, surprisingly. I do pretty well on no sleep.

Comments

Amalia said…
Yay! Man, Allie, I am so happy this is finally happening for you. Be sure to get me your new address and info!!
Jen said…
i am so happy for you all! i cant even begin to imagine how happy you are. where did you get the book on Tristan's bouncy seat? i would love to get one for Paige!
congrats and we will be counting the days with you!
Allison said…
thanks, guys! :D

the book came with the seat... you can open it up and put your own pics in it.
Britni said…
That is so cute that you've had Josh's pictures in the excersaucer,how perfect!!

I looove the last picture of Tristan!and the one of Noah feeding Tristan a bottle,how sweet he is!Good luck with your house,I'll be praying it sells quickly for you guys.It looks like a beautiful home,I would buy it!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing