What Started Off As a Good Day...

Our day started fine. We were in high spirits, about to sign our contract to sell the house. Josh was literally on the phone to get our realtor's fax number when he called us. Apparently some kids broke in our back window and rose hell. They made themselves right at home, even relit the furnace and plugged the fridge back in to keep their Heinekin cold. Then they took the touch up paint we left behind, some spray paint, and some markers and tagged every wall and window sill. They tracked paint all over one of the rugs which will have to be replaced. They tagged the backsplash over the stove, which I can't imagine coming out. They even tagged the back patio and shed. They must have been there for hours, enjoying their new playground.

The thing that sucks the most is that they will be back. The cops apparently won't even take fingerprints even though I'm sure there are TONS of them all over the place. These kids will get away with it and probably do it again. The potential buyers are going to take a look again and see if they're still interested. Let's hope they do otherwise we'll have to take the house off the market, fix it, and put in a security system. Boooooo.

They called about the car. Its being delivered tonight. Good news, right? Well it would be if we didn't have to pay with our own money :P All they accept is Cash on Delivery... a fact that was omitted during our initial scheduling. I wish we could use a credit card.

So anyway... we're trying to remain positive. I keep repeating my mantra "everything happens for a reason". Maybe we'll get a better offer or something. Maybe God has someone else in mind for our house. We're still happy to be together and we'll be even happier on Monday when we get to walk into our new home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Allie, I'm so sorry. I can't pretend to understand how you feel but I totally understand what you mean about the useless SAPD!! Some kid broke into my house back in November and the police did absolutely nothing. Even though I even knew who it was they have done nothing. I went to the precinct and they behaved horribly. I even told them that unfortunately for us law abiding citizens the SAPD has sent a message to the city's youth that it is open season on us. That they can go out and tag, rob, steal and run wild and the cops are going to do absolutely nothing. The guy turned beat red and practically chased me out of the station. They never even sent an evidence collection team even though the responding officer requested one. I'm so sorry Allie. But, alas, you have all your men in your life with you at this very moment. I know nothing can take that feeling that you have away."All together", it just sounds so right. Take care girl. Truly, Ace (Sandy)
Britni said…
I can't believe that,how awful.I am sure you are beyond frustrated with that news.
That is so wrong that those kids will probably get away with all of that.

I hope it all works out or you guys.At least you are all together though.

Hey I lost your e-mail in our lap top when it died.Your address would come up in my computers memory.E-mail me sometime when you have time once things settle down.
Karrie said…
Just know I will do whatever it takes to help with this situation!!! I told the cop that if they get a call about some crazy ass white woman that has some punk kid pinned on the ground as he yells for his mama...then that would be me! It really pisses me off, but what's done is done. Now we just gotta' fix it!
Sorry about this. It is horrible that you can't do anything about it. After all of your hard work. Unfortunately they don't do fingerprints like people think they do. We where robbed years ago at gunpoint in our home and no fingerprints taken. Nothing but a police report done. This is sad but hopefully all will work out and this will no longer be a worry of yours.
Michelle said…
Well...that SUCKS!! That is exactly why parents should keep their kids involved in sports or music, so that they aren't bored and finding themselves with hour upon hour of free time. Teen agers don't use their brains when they are in a "pack". I hope that your friends from that area will keep an eye out for your house now and maybe put a mean dog in the fence or something like that off and on.
I'm sorry to hear about this...HUGS!!
Anonymous said…
That's awful!!! Will your homeowner's insurance pay for it? Now is the time that you really need Meaty around!!!!!!!!
Amalia said…
ah man, I can't believe they did that! those little jerks. So why don't they care to catch people again? the SAPD sucks.
But at least you are together again. Oh and just a little info, Matthew said Noah. He was talking to the christmas card i have on my fridge, i told him that was noah and tristan. He just kept saying Noah over and over again and pointing to him. It was cool. Wish we could have a playdate with the 2 of them. :( oh well, maybe someday.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing