Lifting

The weight of 3 years is lifting. I am remembering all the crap through the years that we've lived and thrived through and I must say... we are pretty damn awesome. The fights, diaper changes, temper tantrums, lonely nights, long flights, webcam conversations, telephone calls, missed milestones, jobs, deployments, missed holidays, pregnancy :P, boredom, sadness, deaths, nightmares, depression, potty training!, remodeling ... I could go on and on listing things we did apart and will never get back. All these things just crushed us both. Today, it's over. Never again.

I can't wait to run down that terminal into Josh's arms and finally hold on, but let go. We've been waiting so long.

Sorry, guys... I'm gonna be emotional all day today. I will never be able to put into words how this experience was for us or how it feels for it to finally be over. All I can say is thank God it's almost over and thank God we made it through.

Comments

Britni said…
I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes....well not goosebumps in my eyes..oh,you know what I meant!

I know you all have been through a lot.What I love about you is how honest you are about it all.To be like that helps you see the situation for what it is and helps you be able to move on and look forward instead of back.You have a great attitude about it all and somehow through all the struggles you've kept a positive outlook on life.You have been very brave and very strong.(Wether you feel that way or not...you are!)If you two can get through that then you will be able to get through anything.
Andrea said…
Oh wow, you made me cry. Well put. I am so glad you got to go pick up your man, Praise the Lord! I feel like one year is awful, but three, that's just wrong. SO HAPPY you get to put it behind you. Have a blessed Christmas as a family!!!
Unknown said…
I am so happy that it is finally over. I hope he never gets deployed again. At least you know he won't for a few years!!! I am so glad you are coming!!!
marisa965 said…
I am so happy for you all. :) Have a wonderful Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Britni said…
I forgot to tell you I got your Christmas card thank you!!!It's absolutely adorable! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing