Happy Valentine's Day

I just haven't felt like posting lately. I've been cleaning a lot... had to call a plumber yet again and drop $300 to get the main sewage line snaked out. Both toilets and tubs and the washing machine were all backed up. Most of the water somehow leaked up from underneath my toilet onto my floor. Luckily it was mostly washer water so it wasn't too horrendous. Apparently my pipes have shifted :P poooo. I am hoping Homeowner's Insurance will cover it, but I haven't really looked into it yet. It just happened yesterday and I am enjoying not worrying about it. At least now I know where the problem is so I'll never need the plumber (for this problem) ever ever again. $300... dang.
I'm 8 weeks pregnant, not feeling as sick as I was 2 weeks ago so that's good. I have energy, but am able to fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I still can't get over how hungry I get every 2 hours no matter what I eat! The lack of nausea has had me out and about however, I still have the lack of patience for others. I swear San Antonians are the WORST drivers on the face of the planet. The traffic and the attitudes and the general dumbness of it all makes me want to play bumper cars on the highway. Did you know that San Antonians can only go one speed? Yes, 40MPH... in a 30 zone they ride your ass; on the highway they block traffic in all lanes, 20MPH under the limit. It's enough to drive a person completely insane. Serenity now. OK so Noah and I have been sorta busy. Here's some of our week :)

We had a very warm day so I let Noah get his sandals out and play with the water table. He was covered in mud so we washed off in the sink afterwards. Now every time I tell him to wash his hands he seems to think he should sit in the sink and wash his feet as well. Way to go, Mommy :P

Noah's very first Oreo experience. I was craving Oreos so I showed the boy the joys of dipping a delicious chocolatey creamy sugary fat pill into a glass of milk. Noah quickly developed his own Oreo eating method. He pulls them apart and eats the middles out, saving the chocolate wafers, and then dips the wafers in milk and eats them afterwards. He was covered in chocolate dust which had transformed into chocolate mud.


I finally got around to getting Noah a "sandbox". I learned a trick from my mom. Uncooked rice is much easier to clean up than sand and it feels pretty cool too. Noah loves his new ricebox. As you can imagine he makes a huge mess every time he plays, but sweeping is easy enough to do so I don't mind at all. Noah's a very tactile person so anything to do with touching or feeling textures will have him occupied for hours. I also have another container I will use for water or maybe unpopped corn kernels. For now it's just sitting there looking profoundly uncreative.

That's it for me. Time to go to the bank :)

Comments

Britni said…
What a great idea to use rice!Once we actually have a normal sized kitchen I think I'll have to try this!We are in a town home so our kitchen is the size of a closet,haha
Britni said…
That is good your morning sickness has gone allready,you are so lucky!I had it bad for 12 weeks..With Avas pregnancy it came back for my last 6 weeks of pregnancy...I am hoping that doesn't happen again this time!
Allison said…
I'm really glad my morning sickness is gone too. I never had any with Noah. I guess I've been a spoiled mommy ;)
Our kitchen is way too small too. I hate it. Especially at Thanksgiving!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing