the "playgroup"

Well the playgroup was a big bust. It was just a little room with some toys and no one showed up. Noah liked being there just to play with someone elses toys. I don't blame anyone for not showing up because it was flippin' nice outside today... again. One great thing came of it however, I discovered this great playground full of kids on the way there. We went right back and I saw a couple military stay-at-home moms with home daycares, exercising their little rugrats. One day I will talk to them. They usually show up in couples, so I'd be this weird desperate housewife with one kid begging for adult conversation from 2 daycare friends. I'm fine with that. Until then it'll be more like animal planet, I'm going to observe their habits and slowly creep into their environment so they don't even notice. A few grandparents showed up too. Grandpas and grandmas are always fun, always happy, always sociable. We'll definitely revisit this playground. It's actually 3 playgrounds. One for 6-12yr olds, one for 3-6yr olds, and one for 3 and under. Mommy wanted to play on the big one!! I wonder if I'll ever not want to climb a tree or go down a slide. I hope not. Well next time I go I'll take pictures so everyone can see how huge this place is. Time to think about what to thaw for dinner :P I am tired of cooking, more tired of dishes, but I've been eating way too much crappy food lately.

Comments

Pam said…
You crack me up -- love the Animal Planet analogy!
Britni said…
Mark & I do the same thing.It's so hard to find other couple our age in the same stage of life...most people are still partying or single.That park sounds like fun!You are lucky you can take Noah outside now!We are still in hybernation here & going stirr crazy!!I have been thinking of getting Ava into a play group.She doesn't get enough time playing with other kids.But for now it's the church nursery and so far she is not liking it too much...she is really shy!
~Brit

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing