Ahhhh Homelife

Josh was on a 4 day pass so we got a lot accomplished. We took a truckload over to Goodwill, cleaned out the garage, unpacked a lot of boxes, and hung most of the pictures up finally. I also cleaned!! It's aboot time, I know.

OMG let me just share something with anyone who has never had to deal with military-related happenstances. There are few times where one might be doing laundry, catch a whiff of something, and want to just throw it away... FTX laundry falls into that category. FTX stand for Field Training Exercise and is basically a camping trip with bullets, tear gas, and lots of weapons and exercise. Josh's ripest uniforms were lovingly packed in large ziplock bags, to preserve their freshness I imagine. Josh said he would do it, but I had time. He would have reached into those nasty, sweat dampened, muddy, sandy, green socks to pull them right-side in. He would have dug through all the dirty pockets, looking for anything that required saving or tossing. He would have dealt with it, but I love him and (like I said) I had time. He was quite thankful so I'm not complaining, just sharing. His soccer gear is a close 2nd, by the way. My stinky stinky man ;) hahaha

Speaking of soccer, we all went to Josh's game yesterday (they won). Josh got kicked in the leg and the elbow and has quite a few scrapes and bruises now. He thinks he may have fractured his leg. POOP! I'm not gonna care until he does. He's going to the promotion board next week! WOOOOOHOOOO! He'll probably get pinned sometime in June. The boys are doing great. They play together a lot more now and it's the cutest thing EVER. I will post videos when I have the time and desire.


Tristan's been pulling up on everything and is trying to cruise already. He pays really apt attention to every sign I make (remember I'm doing baby signs with him). He crawls from his room to the bathroom (naked) every night for bathtime, laughing all the way. He's not sitting in the bath seat anymore, just in the tub on his own. He's eating mostly solid foods... if baby food is considered a solid... I don't know the rules. He also enjoys those little puffs, pastas, really anything I cut up small enough to give him. He is still nursing about 4 times a day.


Noah is a genius and is adjusting well to life in the city again. He misses CJ, and it shows. He is climbing all over me again, begging me to play with him. We need to move to the country! Noah's vocabulary has been expanding beyond what I could even describe. We were listening to that John Mayer song "Waiting on the World to Change" and I asked him how he would change the world... his solution was to build a big treehouse and let everyone live in it. He's a genius! haha He has a very vivid imagination and it makes for entertaining afternoons. I am working with him on his lazy pronunciations and he's getting there. He's being really stubborn. At least now he'll say "Noah" instead of "Oah". That one was annoying... "I not crazy, I Oah!" (note the proper use of N in 'not' hmmm). Anyway I gotta get back to my boys. Later!

Comments

bridget said…
that's funny! I was kind of sad when Allie started out growing her mispronunciations, is that crazy? I miss when she used to say "I uv oo" when she was a toddler!
Amalia said…
Mmmmm, FTX Bdoos (I know ackoos now). I can smell them now. It is really wierd, but every once in a while I will get a whiff of one of my old uniforms and miss it. I remember when it was like 90 degrees out and wearing mopp gear and being covered in a thick layer of dust. SC, TX and AZ were places of love.

Baby sign is great. I love it. Also, I dont know if you have a vcr, or can get it else where, but there are these videos called bi-lingual baby. They are great. Mostly becuase Matthew LOVES them. He hears them come on and runs from where ever he is to watch. French is his favorite, I think he was trying to say one of the words the other day. But all his words sound like ma. Just diferent tones. Maaa. Mu. Mua. except for Meryl and meow,and woof.
Britni said…
It's great to hear some updates on the boys! I am at a tricky stage right now with the girls. They play well together but unfortunately there are squabbles over toys...not fun,haha.

That is great that you are still nursing! Is Tristan drinking formula half way now? 7 months is when I started cutting back my nursing with Ava & introducing formula gradually. By 8 months she was switched completely.(my milk supply was dwindling that's why I weaned her....she kind of wanted to anyway by that point).
That's great hat he is doing well with baby food too. I really had to work on it with Ember. She wasn't to thrilled about it for at least a couple of months!

I can't wait to see Tristan walking around. He will look so cute! I bet it will be sooner then you think. Dylan started takes steps as early as 9 months, and I've even heard of some babies taking steps at 7 & 1/2 months, although that seems impossible I believe it!
Jen said…
Oh my gosh....I love the picture of Tris looking up at you! I could just stare at that all day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing