Our Visit is Over :(

I swear I could live with Karrie and be perfectly happy. All of us get along so well. OK maybe the boys don't get along that well, but they manage to play nicely for at least a few hours a day! :) She lives out in the country, surrounded by family. That's exactly how I want to live. This is probably why my one week visit ended up being 2 weeks. Georgia is a beautiful place and her part of GA is no exception. The weather was wonderful (most of the time). My only complaint is mosquitoes, but those little blood-sucking wampires are everywhere so it's not poor small-town Georgia's fault. I love the environment and the people out there. Everyone knows everyone and they all help each other out. They take care of all people in their area, regardless of their income, mental state, race, gender, age... it's that small town you always see in movies.

I finally got to meet Kylie (Karrie's 9 yr old daughter). She's an amazing kid... great at spelling and art (my kind of gal), singer, dancer, story-teller, tough, confident, and a total sweetheart. She looks SO much like Karrie it's eerie. I didn't get too many pictures of Kylie because she had to go to school every day :P and then many days after school she would have a game or something so we were running around like crazy. It was fantabulous. I love being busy with kids. I specify because I hate being busy with chores or work... not all, but most. Oh Lordy I have so much to talk about.

So... :) Noah had quite a few firsts out in the sticks. He went on his first fishing trip which included: his first catch, his first cast, his first hook-baiting (worms and crickets). He didn't flinch even for a second about baiting a hook, which was nice because I honestly didn't feel like doing it haha. He even took a couple fish off the hook himself. We went to this pond and looking at it you think "there's no way there are fish in that thing, it's just a water feature" well you would be wrong. There were so many brim in there we didn't even have to bait a hook to get a bite. The owner said to keep everything we catch or throw it into the flowerbeds. There were just waaaaay too many fishes in that tiny pond. It wasn't even really fishing, but it was great for the boys, especially for a first-timer. They must have caught 10 fish a-piece. I'm telling you, it was ridiculous. We didn't want to clean the buggers so we gave them to a woman in the neighborhood who is really struggling to get by. She appreciated them. I'm sure they were delicious.


Those of you who know me well know that I LOVE horses. I am determined to own horses, and I will. I've been obsessed with having a horse since I was old enough to write to Santa. That old fart still hasn't come through for me. So anyway, Karrie's mom has 6 and they're all beautiful and totally different. We got to take one out and brush it, pet it, feed it, chat him up, and learn some general horse skills. Noah got to ride for a little bit. Karrie showed me how to put on a saddle. I need to go out again so we can ride (husbands will be busy with the young'ins that day). Sigh... I miss them.


Noah also had his first mud fight and his first real haircut. I've never taken him to an actual barber before. CJ and Noah both got their hair did and then we went out to eat at the little local cafe that has a different buffet of delectable southern delights daily.

We were fortunate enough to take part in CJ losing his first tooth. Karrie was tugging on it for quite awhile with no luck. Finally CJ pushed on it and it went flying and smacked Karrie in the chest. CJ was fine until he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and saw the little bloody hole where his tooth had once resided. He lost it. It was funny because he's such a "toughguy" but he was bawling about his tooth. He said "I look stupid! I'm never gonna smile again!"... it was quite entertaining. He got over it once he remembered the financial gains he'd be making from the tooth fairy. Two days later he popped out his other bottom tooth.

Over the weekend I drove with the boys 3 hours out to see Josh at school. There wasn't much to do out there (especially on a Sunday) so the following weekend Josh rented a car and drove out to see us. I left the next morning for home. The kids did great. Tristan will be an angel if he has his blanket with him. Grandma B made him a blanket for Christmas and he needs that thing to fall asleep. He shoves it in his face and zonks right out.

Comments

Britni said…
Those were great pictures! I love that horse that is carmel colored with blonde hair....those have always been my dream horse!

I know you guys all had so much fun. You can tell just by all the pictures. Just one question....where did the boys sleep??That is what is keeping me from traveling right now....Ember & Ava both need a good crib to sleep in all night. Until we switch Ava over to a toddler bed, I really don't know any other way. I think when I go home for Beths shower Ember will just have to sleep with me...

I've missed your posts and am glad you guys are back safe & sound!
Allison said…
That horses name is Angel and she was my favorite too :) Noah slept in CJ's bottom bunk and Tristan slept in the portable crib in my room. Tristan will sleep anywhere if he has that blanket, but he was really happy to be back in his own crib.
Amalia said…
I love the pictures, I personally am not a horse person, but They are still amazing beautiful creatures. I just rather own a dog. of course my dog is just a mini horse that is extremely clumpsy and hyper. haha.
I am glad you had a good time. I imagine you needed the trip. That looks like a beautiful area. Tristan is such a happy baby. They are the best! The blanket thing is hilarious, Matthew still cant sleep with out his blanket.
bridget said…
Great pictures! Looks like such a relaxing place, beautiful horses!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing