Another Trip to the Doctor

I failed to mention that at my last appointment my blood pressure was slightly elevated.  My doctor is extremely cautious so she made me give blood, urine, and do yet another 24hr urine sample.  Then I had to go back in on Monday (yesterday) and have my BP taken again.  Well it was slightly elevated at 133/88 (normal is under 130 and under 80).  About a minute later it was a normal 121/75... good, right?  Apparently not.  She scheduled me for an induction next Tuesday if I don't deliver by then.  What's the point of forcing a baby to come out of a perfectly healthy person a week early... there isn't one.  By that point I'm pretty sure one or two more days isn't going to hurt anyone.  I doubt I will last that long anyway.  She's been overly cautious this entire pregnancy and she's making me all stressed out!  I appreciate her being careful, but I feel fine and the baby is fine and I am determined to do this natural... just like I did with Tristan.  It bothers me because if I get pitocin I don't know if I can handle it all without drugs.  PLUS... I AM NOT HYPERTENSIVE!!  I also wasn't diabetic, but she made me check my blood sugar twice a day for over a month.  Sigh... so that's what's up with me.  I go in for my normal appointment on Thursday... maybe I'll be 4cm... or better yet I will already have Brennan and I won't have to go at all.

Comments

Try to stay calm, hopefully you will go before then. I know you want to go natural again. Try not to let her stress you out. I'm sure its easier said then done. Hopefully soon!
Britni said…
Well at least she is cautious I guess but that does seem a bit overly cautious! I'm sure you'll go on your own before then anyway. You know all the natural induction methods....you'd better get going! lol :) Keep us updated! Good luck!
boofyjo said…
Inductions scare me too. I bet you will go into labor before then though. I would start taking long walks...fingers crossed for you.
Jennifer said…
I know you don't want to hear it, but she's just doing what she thinks is right. It's better to be over cautious than under, right!? Good luck!
Hope everything works out the way you want it, but if things don't just remember that she just wants you to have the healthiest baby possible! :)
Amalia said…
I dont blame you for not wanting to be induced. I was, and yeah. DOnt recomend it. Hope that you have Ben soon. :)
Anonymous said…
Hey Good luck to you and Josh, Brennan will say "Hi Mommy" before the weekend is over, that is my bet any way. Good thing you have a Doc that is cautious on the safe side, you will do well. I am sure the boys are excited to meet their new little brother also. Inputs from Grove City,Pa
Haley Elizabeth said…
Good luck Allie, I know it's frustrating but the dr's just wants to keep you and the baby healthy. I think it's just precautionary things just in case you develop pre clamisa. My sister in law had that and it's not fun. I can't wait to see the little one. Do plenty of "walking" before Tues to get this baby going!
Heidi said…
Don't be scared of being induced. I was induced with Landon and did it with no pain meds. You can do it too if that's what you want - I know it! :-) It's good that your doctor is being cautious. Maybe you'll go on your own before then anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing