New Car!


Josh and I have been looking at new cars for quite some time now. We did a lot of research and finally settled on a (blue) 2008 Honda Odyssey. Our family is only going to get bigger and the CR-V was just too small for us. There is a LOT more room in the van and we definitely needed it so we're really happy with our purchase. We negotiated a free DVD player and a really decent trade-in for the CR-V. We ended up making $2,500 (that went right into the new car) after the loan payoff. This is why we're Honda people. They hold their value so well! They also have amazing warranties. We got a 7yr/100,000 mile bumper to bumper tech warranty, $0 deductible. EVERYTHING is covered under this warranty, including towing and rental cars. Hondas are excellent vehicles and we highly recommend them!

Thanks so much to Karrie for watching the boys all weekend! I can't imagine trying to buy a new car with 2 little ones around. It takes a good 4 or 5 hours. We also got to sleep in, go see a movie, and go to dinner together :) We're lucky people. I miss my babies though and can't wait to take the new van out for a little road trip tomorrow.

Comments

Haley Elizabeth said…
Congrat's on the new van! I totally understand needing a van and more room. We can't even consider getting an SUV or car at this point b/c of all the traveling we do. We need the extra room for our 75 lb dog and the new little one coming and Haley of course. Everytime we travel we have like nothing going to Ohio but come back with like twice the amount we came with. Thanks to my mom haha. She loads us up on goodies and food.

so, anyway..good choice in car! Are you hinting at something by the way your family getting bigger...???
Britni said…
That's great! I am sure you will love all the space & having a DVD player too! We have a portable one but we have no had to use it yet. Congrats on your new car!
Michelle said…
I think you'll adjust pretty quickly to having a van. In fact, you will wonder how you ever got along without one! I love my Montana, but the Odyssey is pretty sweet to. I can't believe the DVD player wasn't standard by now. Most other vans have them standard as of 2 years ago. We used ours pretty consistently in our previous van, but Jake hardly ask to have it on anymore. Fine by me!! LOL
Congratulations on the new car. I love Hondas and would love for that to be a future car for us. They do hold up so nicely and drive so well. I'm afraid to transition to a van though! Maybe its all of the years of my mom driving one and she still does.
Amalia said…
Woo hoo! New car! One of my friends got a honda oddessy, she loves it. She is leasing it. They are big. I am a big toyota fan because of our camry, but it was basically between honda and toyota when were car shopping, we just liked the camry better. But I think honda holds value a little better.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing