Another Great Day


Noah and I went out to Brackenridge Park for most of the day today. We rode the little train and took a long nature walk. We saw waterfalls and caterpillars and cocoons and butterflies. May is perfect for nature walks because all the eggs have hatched and there are tons of caterpillars EVERYWHERE! Since one of Noah's favorite books is the "Very Hungry Caterpillar", this was a perfect day. He was so quiet and observant the entire train ride. I could see his brain soaking things in and processing the experience. Right when we started walking Noah grabbed a big stick to hike with and never let go of it. He used it to poke at trees and bugs and me once. It was a fun day :)





Comments

Pam said…
You take great pics!
Allison said…
Thanks, Pam! I am actually very interested in photography. I would love to take classes on it, just so I know how to take better pictures.
Jen said…
Ok the picture with Noah by the waterfall scares me!! Sounds like you had a great day!
Allison said…
hahahaha.. don't worry Jen, Noah's pretty sure-footed and I have cat-like reflexes. Yeah he scares me every day with his craziness.
Anonymous said…
hi! I'm Britni's friend and I always see you write on Brit's site so I just checked out your site. I just wanted to say your son is absoutely adorable!! I love all the pictures of him. I also wanted to say I'm a military wife to. My husband is on the Eisenhower and has been deployed since 10/03/06. Fortunately he is on his way home and will be here in less then 3 weeks! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! My daughter is Haley. I remember your face from HS to.
Pam said…
Hey Allie,
Just wanted to say hi and I hope everything's going ok with you! I saw the fire-breathing-screaming-burger-eating guy ad today and thought of you.
:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing