Back from sabbatical

I guess it's finally time to update everyone!

We finally got some idea of what our near future is going to be like. We thought Josh would be back in the states by June-ish, but that's not even close. They won't release him from Germany. The absolute best scenario right now is he gets to the states by October. He will be able to make it home for a week or so and hopefully watch the baby be born, but beyond that he'll be gone. His class will be about 4 months long so the very very earliest we would be going somewhere together would be February. The good news is hopefully where we're going will be Monterey, CA and it will be for like 2 years... and they can't deploy him during that time! Monterey is absolutely gorgeous and I've always wanted to take him there.

I got this news the day after our "great day", which is why I haven't posted for such a long time. My parents, sister, and brother were just here celebrating Vita's graduation from college (the first in our family of 7). We discussed everything and here's our big plan. Noah and I are going to take the Honda with my Dad and drive out to Ohio and someone will watch my house here in Texas. It will be a fun little roadtrip. I can't do this alone anymore, especially not with a baby on the way. As of right now our future looks like it's scooting further and further away from us.

I feel bad for Josh. What a life to have. He lives in the barracks alone with a bunch of young drunk idiots, forced to watch his son grow up through pictures and stories from me. Somehow we keep going. We don't have a choice and it's better to stay positive than to be miserable for another year. Time flies. It just sucks he's going to miss another Christmas, birthdays, New Year's, Father's Day, baby milestones. We're used to it. We keep each other going. Great news for the future like the prospect of going to paradise for 2 years keeps us going. Love keeps us going. We're just tired of bad news and then worse news. I miss my baby.

Comments

Britni said…
Allie,
I am so sorry!I was wondering if you were ok.I can't believe that Josh's return had to be delayed again.You are right though,it's better to stay positive.Once you are finally together you will appreciate each other so much more.You guys will be ok,you have gotten so far.I know you must have had a very hard time with this news.
What a fun experience that will be to live in Cali together though.Just think of the two beautiful children you have together.I hope the time flies for you until you're together.
~Brit
Allie-
I don't even know you but what I have read you are such a strong person. I couldn't imagine my husband being gone. Your right though the thoughts of the future and your love will keep you going!!!
-Christy
Allison said…
Thanks Brit and Christy! I need reminders of bright happy futures :) Usually that's when the baby kicks me. Thankfully bebe's been kicking me a whole lot lately. I can feel elbows and knees now.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing