Wednesday Already?!

Today was a nice slow lazy day. Not much to report. We spent most of our day inside (mostly because of my sunburn). I did laundry and dishes. We washed the car in the morning because it was covered in beach mud. Noah really likes washing anything, but especially the car. He grabbed the hose once and tried to use it. This resulted in the hose on the ground twisting like crazy, spraying me right in the face a couple times before I regained control over it. Noah looked scared. All I said was "I'm OK, just don't touch the hose again"... and back to sponging :) I must say we did a pretty nice job on it.

We played with blocks for a few hours, just building and destroying over and over again. I thought since we didn't have much physical activity I wouldn't make Noah take a nap. He's been sorta phasing them out anyway. He'll sit in his bed for 2 hours and just talk to his toys sometimes. Well, he ended up falling asleep in the car so I moved him over to the couch and let him crash for 30 minutes. He's the biggest grouch if you wake him up from a nap... kinda like someone else I know... oh yeah, ME! A few swigs of my milkshake and he was fine ;) Ice cream heals all ails.

Once the sun was off the deck we went back outside and just chilled while we listened to music. Noah loves snail shells and there are tons of them in my backyard so we went on a little snail hunt. We found quite a few shells with snails still in them. I told Noah if the shells sink in the water there are still snails in them and you need to take them out so they can breathe. He was watching the snails slowly come out of their shells so he could poke them and scare them back in. Eventually he grew tired of the boring snails and stuffed them down a crack in the deck... except for the 2 he smashed with his green frog boots. Boys.

Also of note were the 2 butterflies chasing each other around for a good 7 minutes in the yard. Noah chased them for awhile and then freaked out when they reversed it on him. I took a few nature shots today too. The lighting was good. Me and V start our photography class on Friday! I'm so excited :D We'll learn all the technical stuff so when we can afford to buy nice cameras, we'll know what to buy. I want to know what everything does so that I can adjust my own camera and get the effect I want. I want to be able to own a NICE camera that won't be wasted on my incompetence... especially if I get to start going birding more often :)

Comments

Pam said…
You already take such nice pics! My husband's really into photography too - takes much better shots than I do, probably because he knows what all those little dials and buttons on the camera can do. Details, details...

Did I ever tell you that when I was a little girl we lived in Cleveland Heights, OH?
Allison said…
Thanks, Pam :) Imagine how much better my shots will be if I know what I'm doing.

NO you didn't tell me you grew up in Ohio! I am a Browns, Indians, and Cavs fan by blood, but I never follow any of them. I'm just not a sports person. Apparently the Cavs are playing the San Antonio Spurs here so V and I might go watch the game.
Britni said…
I love the second picture,great shot!Ava really needs her nap or she is miserable!!She still sleeps 12-13 hours at night too....I still miss her morning naps though!!haha

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing