The Tricycle KING

We bought Noah a trike a loooong time ago and he just never caught on to the whole "pedaling" thing. He would scoot around using his feet, but refused to try to cycle. Randomly he's been using his pedals and yesterday he just "got" it. So today we took his trike around the block twice and he pedaled the entire time. I couldn't believe he lasted that long!! We have been taking walks after dinner every night. I find it helps us both sleep better... and digest better to help prevent pesky heartburn. Plus it's been so nice out it would be a crime not to enjoy it. The only drawback is that the mosquitoes and fleas are really bad right now. The fleas don't really bug us, but poor Jellybean somehow got them. I had to give her an emergency flea bath and change all her bedding today before they get out of control. I'm hoping that one flea bath worked because the shampoo aggravates my asthma really bad. Last year she was covered in them and it was like pulling teeth to try and get rid of them. Poor bean.

Starting this less computer time thing has been great. I've been sitting outside doing cryptograms or reading or doing sudoku and Noah's really content just having me out there to talk to and hug every once in awhile. Surprisingly the day goes by faster and I get less annoyed with Noah even though I am spending more time with him. Go figure... it's probably because he's not being as annoying because he's not competing for my attention!! hehe ;)

Since I spent today off the computer again we also went to the duck park. I love going there around lunch time because everyone else is eating or at school. I'm not looking forward to the crowds of summer. Especially at the zoo :P I love having the zoo all to myself. Then Noah can run all over the place and I don't have to worry about losing him. The duck park is great. There are several species of ducks and turtles and they're all in different stages of life. We saw moms sitting on nests, ducklings, goslings, eggs, adolescent ducks, baby turtles. Today I got really excited because there was a HUGE spiny softshell turtle. This is the first time I've seen him. It may be because they supposedly hibernate through April (if I'm looking at the proper species). They have these long snout looking noses instead of the boxy turtle head. I wasn't able to get a picture, but I did a little research and it seems like these aren't really too common in Texas. Maybe it was a released pet. I'm all into biology so this next portion is really for my own future reference. Here's my water wildlife of Heritage and Brackenridge Parks list:

Muscovy Duck
Black-Bellied Whistling Duck
Mallard Duck
Yellow-Crowned Night Heron
Cattle Egret
Texas Spiny Softshell Turtle
Red-Eared Slider (turtle)
African Goose
Chinese Goose
Pekin Duck

OMG it took me FOREVER to find that stupid Goose!!! ...maybe I'll add more later, it's almost time for Will & Grace! :D

Comments

Britni said…
How fun!I can't wait for Ava to learn how to use her tricycle!She got a radio flyer one from Marks grandparents but it was way too old for her at 1 years old!
Thats pretty cool that you were able to identify all those creatures!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing