It's seriously Tuesday?

All day today I swore it was Monday. Silly me. I took another pregger picture of myself. I don't think I look too much different than 2 weeks ago. I haven't really gained any weight either. I've been eating the same, but I am exercising a lot more. I am way more paranoid about baby fat this time around than I was last time. Probably because last time I was oblivious and this time I am trying to prevent a repeat pregnancy. I went up 9 pants sizes last time... NINE!!!! My butt wasn't supposed to get pregnant!!! There's also a bit of added pressure when your husband hasn't seen you in a loooong time and then WHAM there you are again and boy do you look different! I'd like to remain as "in shape" as possible while incorporating that nice basketball look. I know he doesn't care, but I do. Is this plausible? Probably not, but exercise is good for me anyway.

Noah's poor feet were so torn up after going to the pool. They had a really shallow splash pool with waterfalls and he was "swimming" the entire time. This meant he was walking around on his hands, dragging his feet on the concrete bottom. He also was shivering and purple, but wouldn't get out... oh and he fell and landed on his forehead, but continued to run anyway despite the pain and our continued yelling. He must have a big heavy brain because he lands on his forehead allllll the tiiiiime. I swear he's going to give me a heart attack.

The baby is big enough to make ripples in my stomach. I was watching the show while Noah was enjoying some Elmo's World, which was all about how to play with babies ironically, and Noah wanted to hear the baby. He was laying on my stomach for quite awhile. I'm surprised he didn't get kicked in the face! Of course he never heard the baby, but it was so freakin' adorable :)

Every time I see a new baby I get all excited and emotional. I can't wait to have this baby! I tend to play one sorta sad scenario over and over again in my head. I'm in labor, my mom's there with me. I've been in labor for hours already but I am foolishly trying to hold in a baby until Josh gets there. He finally gets there and so ensues a lot of crying in my head (and in real life because I am pregnant and emotional)... oh and my mom cries too because, well, she would if that happened. That's pretty much where it stops. Josh is determined he'll be there way before that happens, but I don't see how unless I schedule the birth. This is not likely since I seem to take after my mother who went at least 2 weeks early with all 7 of her babies. We're trying to find a solution, but let's face it... an 8hr plane ride, a layover, another 3hr plane ride, and a 1hr airport drive... the odds of him making it for the birth on short notice is pretty slim. He's still in denial. Sorry babe, but you are.

This is depressing, but it's not the end of the world. At least he will get there eventually. He didn't die in Iraq. He's not in Iraq now. We're lucky compared to a lot of families out there. I just wish there was a way to guarantee he will be at my bedside during labor, hear the doctor say "congratulations it's a ??", hear the first cry, see the first breath... you know, the whole messy miracle. All I can come up with is making him go AWOL for all of September hahaha. That's probably not a good idea ;) I could say I wish we didn't use his leave in April, but that would be a lie. Instead I'll say I wish he had more leave. Maybe a miracle will happen and they'll allow him to go a couple weeks in the hole on leave. No matter what, it will eventually bite us in the ass. Probably when it comes time to move and he can't take leave to help. OK sorry I'm done complaining now. I like to claim I'm a realist, but I probably am a bit of a pessimist. Josh is an idealist so we balance each other quite well.

Comments

Britni said…
Whata cute belly you have!Thankfully you are still in the fun stage of pregnancy still!I actually miss my belly when I rock Ava before bed.She use to have a nice shelf/seat to sit on & now that Embers is here & I have no more belly it seems like Ava is sooo much heavier now!
I hope Josh is able to be there for your labor.Yu never know you might be able to schedule an induction,that would be nice!I love being induced!(most people don't)
but I love how you can plan everything out then.
I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!!!Noah will be such a good big brother & he is old enough to be a really big help to you!
Pam said…
Hi Allie - glad to see you're back, enjoyed all the pics and your posts, but am royally bummed about the new wrinkle in your future. I won't say anything dumb like, "Hang in there" because I'd have to slap myself for being so dumb and trite. But dang, I'm sad for you. I will be praying for a miracle so Josh can at least be there for the birth!

I'm glad you are with your family -- they obviously are good for you and you need lotsa good right now.
Jen said…
You look so good!! I don't think i ever had a cute stage this pregnancy. I went from not pregnant to beached whale!! Luckily i might only have 6 weeks to go which kind of scares me. I have nothing for this baby, no diapers, dresser, bottles to pump in. Oh man i hope it rains gifts for us. Cant wait until Dave takes pictures of me, finally. I'm married to a photographer and he doesn't take pictures!?? Urggg...
Allison said…
Thanks, Jen! I was working full-time my entire last pregnancy so a majority of my pictures are of me looking like total crap after work. Now I have nothing but my SAHM job. This time I feel like I know what to expect and what to do and I am so happy being pregnant that I want to show it off. I've gotten bigger in certain places, but I figure the belly will distract people... and I love swimming. It's great exercise! My bathing suit is little shorts so no one can really see all my "baby scars".

I hope it rains gifts for you too! I'm sure everything will arrive before the baby does :)
Anonymous said…
OK, So I really can't take anymore. I miss you guys so much. I got to see all the pics of Vita, and your mama, and dad, and of course Benny. I miss my little Haake family. COME BACK TO OHIO. :O) I love ya honey, Talk to you soon.
PS. Know that at any time day or night you can call.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing