Tristan Update

My Tristan is fattening up quite nicely. He has busted out of almost all of his newborn clothes! Tristan's eyes are starting to change. I can see them getting more brown-looking, but they still seem like they're going to be lighter than Noah's. I can't believe he's almost 2 months old already!

It's much easier to get Tristan to smile now. He's definitely doing it on purpose. He also is grabbing at objects now... successfully. I don't remember how soon Noah was doing this, but it sure seems early! He will get a huge smile on his face when he successfully bops a toy with his little balled up baby fist. It's adorable :)

His vision has gotten better as well apparently because he will be relaxing on his blanket and start staring at the TV. I popped in the Baby Einstein Language Nursery video and he stopped crying and watched in Noah's little chair. This was great because it was the first time he didn't scream for 30 minutes straight while I got Noah to bed! Because the screaming at night is such a routine for him, and because he gets so sweaty he gets a bath almost every night. I will sometimes take showers with him. He loves this so of course I do too. He just stares at me and smiles the whole time and sticks his tongue out to catch the water. It's the perfect way to calm him down before bed. And I like the bonding. I used to take showers with Josh, but now I've got a new man ;) haha

He's been going to bed at around 9 and he'll usually sleep until 2 or 3. After that he's up every 3 hours again. I think he's doing well for such a little guy. He has some gas issues, poor guy. From like 6-9pm he will be miserable. It's probably a combination of tiredness, hunger, and discomfort. That's another reason the shower was a good idea. It's become a regular thing with us now :) He stops crying when he hears me turn the water on.

Comments

Britni said…
Ah the joys of a night time routine with two!I can not tell you how nice it is to hear you talk about this because I do not feel alone now.I know what you mean about the crying.Ember wants to nurse & cuddle but I am running around making Ava's dinner & getting her cleaned up & off to bed.Ember usually cries until she is bright red & sweaty too.It is heartbreaking,but there not too much more you can do!!

I have gotten to the point where many nights I am able to start nursing her around 5 so that she has had plenty of time to cuddle with me by the time Ava eats at 6,then Ember (just like Noah) watches Baby Einstein while I put Ava to bed.
This is my "crazy" time at night as I call it.It was much harder in the earlier months,but it is still pretty tricky especially with Ember teething.
Ember's schedule is the same though.She goes to bed around 8:30 and is ready to eat again by 12:30-2:00am...it varies.She can sleep for 5-6 hours at a time...unfortunately I am usually up playing on the computer or trying to watch a tv show to get some sanity :)I do need to go to bed earlier!
It sounds like you guys are doing alright though...did you get my e-mail?
This is really long!Sorry :)Tristan looks adorable in all these pictures.I love the one of him cuddled up with his blankie.He sure is growing fast!
Anonymous said…
Aw, Tristan is still so little! He's adorable though. It's nice that you guys have a schedule going on. I was terrible at keeping a schedule with Haley. Not till the like around 18 months I actually had a real schedule. Did the time change mess up your little guys? It did Haley. We ares till screwed up. But, it's making her go to bed earlier.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing