Excuses Excuses

I haven't been posting as often as I used to, but that's about to change. I finally moved my laptop out of my room and into the office. Before, any time I had free time it was because Tristan was asleep and I would avoid going into my room because I didn't want to wake him. I was putting it off because I know it's going to be hard not to sit here and piddle around all day. Then I remembered... I have an infant so that would be impossible anyway haha. Also Noah hasn't been taking naps anymore. He will on very rare occasions, but for the most part he is awake from 7am 'til 8pm. He's a big boy now and requires my undivided attention alllll day long :) Right now he's sitting behind me on my chair asking "what doing up here, mommy?".

I tried desperately to get a good picture of Noah and Tristan for our Christmas card this year. Here's some of the cute ones that I'm not using. I think I finally got a good one. We might try again later today after Tristan eats. He's usually in an amazing mood from 9-11 before his first nap. Speaking of sleep... Tristan slept for 7 hours straight last night! I couldn't, of course. I woke up at 5, sweating because I was so painfully full. It's all good... more reserves for the freezer! It's 7:30 now and he's back asleep. I expect he'll be up at around 9 to eat again.

The temperature finally dropped here. It gets down to the 40's at night and climbs back up to the 60's during the day. It's perfect outside :) I actually had to fire the furnace up over the holiday weekend. We even got frost last night :O I love being able to sleep with blankets on, all bundled up. I also love putting the kids in their cute little footie pajamas!

Noah has been such a good kid lately. He's loud and wild and crazy, but he's very sweet and cuddly too. The only remotely jealous thing he does is sigh. When he and I are playing and Tristan starts crying he just lets out a big sigh. I've been really working with showing him how to use his imagination. We'll play with his dinosaurs and I act out all kinds of scenarios for him. They search for food and transportation and attack poor unsuspecting herbivores. I think they're a gang, but like many jock-like carnivorous plastic creatures, they're not too bright. Sometimes the stegosaurus can get away just by saying "look over there!!!". Yeah I'm having a pretty fun time ;) Soon Noah will stop simply imitating me and start coming up with his own stories, and that will help him deal with having to play alone most of the day.

Noah's definitely developing his own sense of humor now. His favorite type of comedy is the "this isn't supposed to go there" sort of slapstick comedy. He puts bras on his head, boxes, blankets... whatever, and runs around. He also has this new fascination with sticking his feet or hands under bathroom doors and asking "see my hand, Mommy?". I snapped this one of his feet in the tub. He was asking "see my feet, Mommy? HAHAHA". He finds himself quite hilarious. Another one of his favorite things is making silly faces. My little Noah is a tiny person.

Comments

Britni said…
The boys look so sweet!It's tricky to get a good picture of two now isn't it?lol.I am sure your cards will look great.

I do the same thing with Ava with imagination.You & I have always had good imaginations.We use to play with those...what were they called??The village with people & horses..You had a whole huge set at your old house!That was wayyy back when we 1st started hanging out.Oh I just can't remember,but it was fun.and we were probably a bit old to be "playing " but thats what kids with good imaginations do of course!I thank my Mother for mine & maybe my girls will thank me someday!I love the picture of Tristan with his hat,so cute!

I'm glad your back...I was feeling a lone in the world of blogger there for a little while! :)
Britni said…
Oh and in the second picture Tristan is gazing at Noah just like Ember gazes at Ava.Don't you just love how their faces light up when they see their older sibling?:)
Anonymous said…
That is great you are getting NOah to use his imagination. Haley's been really trying to use her's when she plays with her dollhouse.

I remember the full filling of milk! OUCH!!! Yeah for Tristan sleeping 7 hours!!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing