Christmas with Grandpa and Grandma B.

After a million stops and an entire day in the car we finally arrived and Grandpa and Grandma B's house in Missouri. There was snow on the ground and it was pretty cold out. They had just had a huge ice storm so every tree looked like God came through on a rampage and stepped on them. The 22nd we just hung out and relaxed all day. I unpacked and repacked everything so that I'd feel better, got to do some laundry. Ahhhhhh :) Later that night Noah and Grandma made some cookies for Santa and placed them on the hearth. He also put some reindeer food out. Noah was excited about Santa coming!

Somehow I forgot to get a picture with Tristan in it too. I'm pretty angry at myself. We also didn't get a group shot. I must have been more stressed over the trip and all the house stuff than I thought. Anyway... "Christmas" morning came and Noah was SOOOOO excited about all his presents. Josh went out and got him this craftsman tool set from Lowe's the night before and it's still his favorite gift. He wore the toolbelt while he opened gifts. I'm sure that tomorrow when all our stuff gets delivered his bike will end up taking over the #1 spot. We were dressed all cute in our red and white stripes :)

After all the commotion and excitement dwindled down a bit we drove out to see the new house G&G B. are building. I love their floorplan and they have a big lake in the back of their property. It's going to be a great house.

We also went to see a great tourist attraction! Since the area highways are part of the old Route 66 it's no wonder this is where some inspiration for "Cars" was found. This is the actual truck that inspired the Tow Mater character. I tried to get a picture with Noah sitting on Mater, but he was tired by this time and just would NOT sit still. He was also obsessed with making snowballs with his bare hands and then crying about his hands being cold. Sigh.

We all had a great visit and felt very comfortable the whole time we were there. I'm glad we got to visit. We got a good night's sleep and then headed off to Kansas to see Grandma and Grandpa N. the morning of the 23rd.

Comments

Haley Elizabeth said…
Aww, I'm glad you guys had a fun christmas! That is a long time in the car with little ones. Good luck!!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing