Our Journey Begins

After cleaning like crazy and tossing and turning on our living room floor the night of the 19th. We finally got moving on the night of the 20th. We didn't leave until 8pm. Literally... I mopped the floor, closed the garage door, and we left San Antonio for good. We were gross from cleaning, covered in paint, and cramped. Josh did all the packing so I was all kinds of irked because I NEED to know where everything is at all times. We made it to Dallas and got a hotel room so we could sleep in a bed and take showers and change clothes. Everything was so unorganized and we had been wearing basically the same clothes for 3 days. UGH! I told Josh we HAD to stop and he didn't argue a bit.

Feeling refreshed and well-rested we set off the next morning, feelin' fine. Everything was going well until lunch time. Let me preface this by saying this was definitely our fault. We allowed Noah to have a chocolate milk from starbuck's and then he was watching a movie on the portable DVD player. Then we had the genius idea to have McDonald's for lunch. Noah had a few fries and was chugging his apple juicebox (he normally gets half AJ half water, mind you). Now add to that us forcing him to try his hamburger and what do you get? Poor Noah threw up allllll over himself and the back seat. It reeked to high heaven and I almost vomited myself when I caught the first whiff. Josh handled the whole thing. Thankfully we were right next to a Family Dollar. Josh took Noah inside and hosed him off as best he could with a sink and paper towels, purchased some high-quality wipes and sprays, and headed back out for clean-up duty. The whole rest of our trip to MO the car smelled like puke and febreeze.

We had to stop every 2 hours so I could nurse Tristan. Josh would take Noah out and run up and down hills with him. He finally stopped and picked up a soccer ball and taught Noah a few fundamentals. All Noah could talk about was going to the new house and playing soccerball with Daddy. I loved watching them from the car :)

Comments

Britni said…
Thanks for all the comments. Poor you had like 1,00 of them to catch up on,lol.

I am so use to going on trips by myself that I don't let Mark pack anymore. I pack up the car every time. I can get so much stuff into our car and I agree I have to know where everything is at all times too...you gotta with two kids!!

What a nice welcome home gift to Daddy Noah!...Hehe. Josh handled clean up duty like a pro though and it looks like he did it with a smile from that picture!

When Mark came home with us for Christmas we stopped to so I could nurse & Mark took Ava up a hill too. They seem to handle car trips better when they get a break to stretch their legs and be wild toddlers again! I love the last picture.
I'm glad to hear you're still nursing. Way to go through all of the packing & moving! :)Josh must be proud of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing