Reading is Fundamental

hahaha... I have to laugh at the title because of the new Terry Tate video that I watched the other day.

Anyway :) Since Josh is home sick it gave me the opportunity for some much needed one on one time with Noah Boah. We went to a new park yesterday to feed the ducks and play on the playground and noticed a big beautiful library at the entrance. I told Noah we would go in on the way back out, but by then Tristan was cranky so we just went home. I told him we would go back tomorrow (today) while Tristan was napping, just Noah and Mommy. So we did! Noah thought it was his birthday or something he was so excited. They let him get his own library card and he signed his name on the back. He picked out 4 books, 3 of them Halloween books. He thanked the librarian (in an excited whisper) twice for his library card. I think we'll be going to the library at least once a week. It's nice and relatively close to home. Here are the books we're reading this week! They're all linked if you want to look further.



Comments

Amalia said…
The library! What a great idea! I think that would be a great thing to do. I might have to take Matthew to the Library when things slowdown next week. :)
Haley Elizabeth said…
That is so exciting getting his first library card. How old do they have to be? I bet Haley would love to do that to. I like all the books he picked out. Haley would love that Dora one.
Allison said…
I asked the librarian what the age cutoff is and she said they leave it up to the parents' discretion. So I guess here you can be any age at all!
Michelle said…
I used to take Alex and Caleb to the library all the time, but I don't take Jake. I guess it's because we have at least 1 BILLION books in this house. I can open my own library at this point. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing