Sicko

Josh is sick today. He went and got the dumb flu shot, which I told him was a bad idea, but the doctors convinced him that it would be best for us if he did. What a load of crap. 2 days later he has walking pneumonia, which he gets as often as other people get the sniffles. I hate when he's sick. He's so ANNOYING!! Anytime I try to talk to him he makes me repeat myself because apparently sickness is linked to deafness, and he wants to be sure I get to really look at his sick-o face, all scrunched up and sorrowful. He wears 500 layers of clothing and never speaks louder than a whisper, and mostly tries to make himself sound hoarse for added effect. He won't get out of bed, but the few times he will he shall never stand fully upright or lift his feet to walk. He will scuffle around like an old man with a walker to join the living and remind us that he is sick. He can't help with the kids because he's "contagious". He will utter fake apologies all day, he's so so sad for himself... awwwww. What a baby. Know what bothers me the most? Next week the rest of us will be sick and know what will happen? Nothing... I will still cook and clean and take care of the kids, he'll still go to work. Ugh... boys are such wimps. I love my man, but he's such a man sometimes hahaha ;)

Mostly I am still stressed out since the last time I posted about being stressed out. I don't know why I am, just the constant cleaning up after and caring for people I guess. I snapped at Josh yesterday because there was no toilet paper in our bathroom... something our 4 year old manages to do, my husband cannot. Plus my $10 I had for ME, which is all I get for myself was taken and spent by some unnamed menace who was running late and couldn't go to the ATM. Bye bye coffee. Sigh... I still can't go anywhere alone today because Joshy is soooo sooo sick the poor wittle baby. Amazing how he wasn't this sick until the doctor diagnosed him... hmmm. So now I have 3 babies to care for and I doubt I will be getting any stress relief anytime soon. Looking forward to next week (not)! I am going to pump us all full of vitamin C and other various nutrients and hope they stave off the sickness. It's worked before!

Hope you enjoyed this because it will probably end up getting deleted.

Comments

Britni said…
Oh my goodness you have me cracking up:)

As much as we love our cute hubbies they are big babies when they are sick!!

I have the flu right now and apperently I don't have the time t be sick. Life just goes on and whether I want to wimper or not I still have to take care of my kids....I wish I could cul up in bed all day and have soup brought to me in bed but I have come to realize that will never happen...haha....ugh.

Anyway I feel your pain & on top of it you are pregnant. I hope you get your coffee for the week. That is something I always need too!
e-mail me if you need to talk. I am here!
Michelle said…
LOL...LOL...ohhhhhhh LOL!!!
It's such a man thing. Tilden will suddenly require jello and soup. I hate when he stays home from work so that he can sleep all day when he's sick. They just crave that sympathy I guess. I completely FEEL for you and every single word you had to share in this post. My dear hubby loves to cough loudly when i come into the room and if he is sitting on the couch he lifts both feet up to accentuate the forcefullness of his cough. He's so sick that his cough wracks his body and he can't keep his feet on the ground I guess. LOL WHATEVER!! BTW, I got the flu shot one time and it was the sickest I've ever been. I won't let my kids get that shot because of my own reaction.
Babs Haake said…
too late...I already read it. All men are the same. Josh isn't a special whiney butt. Men for some reason are weaker than women. God made us strong because IF MOM AIN'T HAPPY, AIN'T NOBODY HAPPY. And lets face it, no one can do anything unless we tell them to, even though they know how, we still have to tell them to do it. UGH. I had the same kind of day girl, except when I finally get the flu (everyone who has it has coughed on me and used the bathroom without telling me they have diarheah) Why is it women know how to pull that Lysol spray out and protect everyone else from OUR germs, they they are too sick to remember that little tip?
Haley Elizabeth said…
Your so funny! I defintely agree with the hubbies being major babies when sick. Dave is the same way. We never get sick days or vacation days..why should they? I know it's going to be 10 times worse if you do get sick when pregnant b/c you can't take anything. That is what sucks. Just get those lysol wipes out and start wiping. Tell him to stay in another part of the house until he can rejoin the human race haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing