Still Not Sick ::knocks on wood::

Yesterday I cleaned the entire house, top to bottom. It smells awesome in here! It may have a lot to do with the new apple-cinnamon air freshners, but I know my cleaning had a bit to do with it as well. I did everything from garbage can lids to bathrooms to rug-shampooing. I also drank more hot tea with half a helping of airborne nighttime formula, been eating really healthy and drinking lots of water. Josh is on strong antibiotics and they're definitely working. I cleaned the boys' rooms and did all the laundry (just in case)... they're also eating well and taking in vitamins, getting sleep. We cut our nighttime walk down a bit just because it's so dang cold and windy at night now. I think we just may escape getting sick! If we make it through to Monday we will celebrate a bit... by GROCERY SHOPPING!! haha no, maybe we'll go back to the library :)

In other news: we don't like our new/used King-size mattress. The first night it was OK, but as we went along we both really just do not like it at all now. It's too soft! I can see why they got a new one. It's like sleeping on a deflating air mattress. We still really appreciate the neighbors' gift to us. Now we have a free king-size boxspring and we already found a great king mattress we want to buy at Sam's. When Josh gets his bonus money, that's what we're getting. So now the question is... what do we say to the neighbors?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can relate to your king size bed delema--before my son and I went on our 5wk vacation my back was bothering me, all the while on the trip everything was fine. I got home and bought a new king--well 3 months later the jury is still out--I know I needed a new one, but not sure I got the right one. Take care and stay healthy. from Grove City
Amalia said…
My house smelled good for about a minute, then the dog had an accident again. Darn puppy potty training. :(
Nerdular said…
get a firm mattress and a 2inch memory foam topper. i bought one of those about a month ago on overstock.com -- it came with 2 pillows too for $80 shipped. BEST THING I EVER BOUGHT. we were going to get a new mattress but im glad we didnt spend all that money! the bed is heavenly now.
Allison said…
Thanks, V! I wonder if that's what Mom did with the guest bed? That bed is freakin' AMAZING! I will have to ask her (and then find the cheaper alternative haha). Your solutions seems like the best.

I just found an entire king-size bed in a bag, complete with decent sheets on clearance for $110 at bed, bath and beyond. I still think I can find even better, but I am gonna wait for Josh to join me. He's one of the few straight men on this planet that loves to decorate and cares about color and texture. Must have been all that HGTV we used to watch back when we only got 7 channels!
Sandy said…
What I wouldn't give for a decent bed. The challenge of a "furnished" apartment is that you have to take what you get. This monstrosity here is a thin fabric sack of springs. We put a thick comforter and mattress pad on beneath the sheets and I still was being poked with every turn. Finally, I was at Kmart in June and saw a egg carton-style foam pad for $25 and convinced Dan to set aside the suitcase space to bring it back to England. They were charging $100-200 for similar items here. I don't know if I'd have made it this long without that foam pad!!
Question for you: do you have Ben's mailing address? I wanted to send him a b-day card.
Haley Elizabeth said…
Haley's been sick all weekend and I'm hoping I don't get it to. I tried to antibaterica everything, but it seems like I still get the darn thing. I'll wish you luck if you wish me luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing