The Evening Post

So I stupidly drank coffee at around 6pm. I know I will regret this when 2am rolls around and I am still wide awake but, I couldn't help it! In a weak moment I buckled under my sweet tooth and bought some strawberry cheesecake danish (drool). It is my favorite dessert. And one cannot eat danish without coffee! Plus I had been craving coffee all day. JUST LOOK... how can anyone resist this?!

I can see the sparks emulating from peoples' drool-ridden keyboards now. I've been pretty good this pregnancy. I've been denying myself many odd cravings (mostly for fast food). But, I said out loud to Noah in the grocery store "mommy's getting some danish... know why? because she's pregnant and she wants some and she can eat whatever she wants, whenever she wants". This may not be the truest of true statements, but I think it's pretty accurate. The caffeine and sugar are surging through my veins and I am full of nothing but happiness. Here's another wonderful thing no one in their right mind could resist. JUST LOOK at him! Isn't he the most adorable child you've ever seen (besides your own, you biased mommies)?!

With his little OU Sooners hat and OSU buckeyes shirt, posing all cute, ears sticking out because the hat's too big, bruises and scars and scrapes everywhere. That's my baby :) Can you believe some people pass this child and don't smile! What is wrong with people?! Noah and I took late naps from 3-5pm so now we're set back an hour or 2 from the normal bedtime. I think because we're both so full of energy we're going to go out somewhere. Noah's requesting to see ducks, which might be OK at such a late hour. I just don't know if I'm ready for that ghetto duck park again yet. The kids' section of a bookstore might be nice. Noah needs some new books anyway.

Comments

Britni said…
My bad craving today was Mexican food and I talked Mark into going to our favorite Mexican restaurant for a last horah before Ember arrives :)(We NEVER go out to eat!)So it was a nice treat and Ava even ate chips & salsa!
My other craving is rocky road ice cream....mmmmm.That danish does look good though!!
Pam said…
Drool is right... the only problem I see with that photo of the danish is that the slice is waaaay too small! Or maybe that's just the part you didn't eat? Anything cheesecakey is my weakness...

Anybody who passes by Noah and doesn't smile must be distracted by a hemorrhoid or something because he's beyond cute. I hope if you went to the duck park that the stray hats left you alone!
Allison said…
Brit- That's so greta you guys got to go out! We hardly ever go out either. It's difficult with babies, they just don't cooperate.

Pam- That was just my first piece. I had 2 more :P LOL I will watch out for the stray hats!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing