random complaint

People who publish literary works or make merchandise that they actually sell to people should learn proper grammar. Who would buy a tee shirt that says "Life happens while your making other plans"... probably lots of people because apparently Americans are retarded when it comes to the difference between "your" and "you're", among other things. I also hate little sports memorabilia that say "win some, loose some"... oh really? LOSE is to not win. LOOSE is when something isn't tight. Oh and another one. CALVARY and CAVALRY are also very very different. One is where Jesus was crucified, the other is military guys on horses. BIG DIFFERENCE! And would someone please correct George W. Bush on how to pronounce nuclear?! He sounds like a stinkin' idiot, although I doubt fixing that one mistake would help him at this point. That poor man lost his speaking ability somewhere on the road to the Presidency.

I don't care if my friends' grammar is bad in their (not there or they're) personal blogs. People publish and duplicate and sell these mistakes... AND OTHERS BUY THEM because they don't know any better. Public figures who are making laws and deciding our futures make these mistakes out loud. It makes me nervous! It makes me feel like their Princeton and Harvard degrees were bought, not earned! Sigh. Makes me disappointed at times. Basically what I'm saying is: if you're going to try and make a living through spoken or written word, please get some grammar skills! No wonder they called me the grammar Nazi.

Comments

Britni said…
My grammar when I type is awful but it's usually because I'm half asleep when I type!haha(like right now....I can't sleep!!!)
I stupidly don't re-check what I type until after I've posted a comment.
I know what you mean though!
Pam said…
I no what yew meen, Allie. It bugs me to wen peepal dont spel rite or nownce there werds gud.
;-)
Allison said…
Brit - as a busy pregnant mom you have every right on earth to make spelling errors!

Pam - lol eye gnu yood agree with mee
Amalia said…
Haha, what is funny is that I was just re-reading a blog I wrote and relized all the grammatical and spelling errors. Like instead of "sea" I wrote "see." Then I seitch over to your Blog and Voila! I was just thinking how people don't do it as a mistake, alot of people actually don't know the difference between "their, They're and There." Its not as irritating as it is sad, because somewhere along the line, they never learned it. Nice rant by the way, I whole-heartedly agree...I am sure I made some mistakes in this one too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing