Noah's Birthday Post (finally)

Well Noah loved all of his presents!! Thank you to everyone for the birthday surprises and well-wishes. He plays with WALL-E, his sandbox, and his easel all the time. We had a pretty low-key birthday. We made strawberry muffins for breakfast and went out to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. Noah said he wanted Spaghetti for his birthday so that's what he got. He didn't eat any of it like always. They had about 10 tables too many in that place and it was making both Josh and I really on-edge. The waiter was going to bring out a piece of cake for Noah, but he took too long and we couldn't stand the crowd anymore so we just left. We hadn't told Noah so he was none the wiser. Otherwise we would have had to stay for cake, of course :)

We went out to the Atlanta zoo the next day. I barely took any photos at all because I was stressed out. Unfortunately we happened to go out there on "family day" in Atlanta. Every Atlanta resident or GA employee received some kind of discount... maybe even a free pass. I don't know, but it was CROWDED! It was ridiculous, really. The zoo wasn't all that great either. I mean it was a nice zoo, but it was a long drive for just an OK zoo. We had a fun time, don't get me wrong. I think it would have been a lot more fun if we had walking room. It was like being in WalMart with the over-packed aisles and rudeness.

So all in all we had a fun-filled, but crowded birthday weekend :) My baby is 4 now and is continuously telling me about school. We're not sending him to preschool. No need. He's social and he knows more than what he needs for kindergarten. I was talking with my sister Michelle and she brought up an excellent point. Once kids start school it consumes their entire childhood so why start early? Not that preschool is bad. I just want Noah to enjoy his last years as a "free man". He's been coloring non-stop. Before he got the easel he was coloring all day. He uses all different colors and stays in the lines. He's also been drawing. I love seeing the creative side of him :) He's a wonderful big brother to Tristan. Noah's just a great kid and I feel so blessed to have him in our lives!

All the pictures of the birthday are here on Flickr. I am not feeling up to re-uploading all of them and making them smaller for blogger.

Comments

Britni said…
You know you are the 1st person I know to make this point about pre-school and I think you've got a point.

I researched it and it said for kids to go to pre-school they should be fully potty trained,be able to participate & listen in circle time and socialize....something like that. Basically I'd be paying somone else to be doing what I do at home with her. For kids in day care I see how it works into their day but for us it makes more sense to keep them home. I am not sure what we'll do about it but I can tell you that I don't think I'll be sending her for 2 years. I think I might do 1 year for the social aspect since I don't do play groups but she does socialize with us all day thats for sure .I agree and am not eager to rush Ava though life :) I think it makes a difference to when a child has parents that teach them and help them learn in fun ways. I want to keep both my girls around as much as possible!

I would have felt the same way about the crowded places. I am glad you all still had fun though. Happy Birthday Noah!!!!

Sorry this was so long again. I ramble!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing