December!!

Well it's officially the month of Christmas, which means Josh and I really need to get our butts a-shoppin. Bah humbug. That's why I love Thanksgiving... no presents, no expectations, just food and family. Speaking of which our T-day was awesome. The trip was really easy with the new van and the boys were angels. It didn't take much gas to get there so the cost didn't bankrupt us! It was great to see everyone and I was pretty busy cooking. My turkey turned out amazing! I didn't take very many pictures at all. Everyone else was taking so many so I just enjoyed visiting and cooking. We got back on Sunday in time to get Josh's cousin Lindsey from the airport. Unfortunately her flight got delayed so bad in Atlanta that Josh had to go get her out there instead of the local airport. It was only a 2 hour drive, and he was happy to do it, but it was annoying for both of them. Poor Lindsey was so stressed with her travel that she's feeling pretty ill today. Hopefully tomorrow she'll feel better! Tristan, Noah and I were happy to have the extra time to clean before she got here :)

So yeah... it's December. I can't say I am looking forward to Christmas. I AM looking forward to seeing more family. I just hate gifts. I hate watching people open mine or them watching me open theirs. It's stressful for me. I don't like to be forced to be generous. I think I would be a whole lot less stressed if money wasn't so tight right now. But anyway... our first day of December was quite enjoyable.

We spent very little time outside, but we did go out for a bit. I tried to get out of taking them, but Tristan threw a fit at the door and brought me his shoes. It was cold and muddy from all the rain we had here over the past week. They had a good time though. My boys love being outside... I wonder who they get that from ;)

After Tristan wakes from his nap at around 2 every day we have music playtime until Daddy comes home at around 5. I turn off the TV's and we stay upstairs and make huge messes while we listen to fun music. Today's selection was Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music :) Noah drew a really cool picture of he and I in a car, even drew the road and the tires. I will post all the details on notes on the pic in flickr. You'll be able to see it in the little slideshow on the sidebar... just click. I'm excited that his art is starting to look like the object he intended to draw!

Tristan is starting to bite now. He bit my knee and I said "OUCH NOOOO!!! STOP IT!!" and he thought that was hilarious so he did it again, and that's when I snapped the picture. He was carrying Noah's baby around all nice and then suddenly started trying to bite her hair out. He's an odd child. I hope he doesn't try this with his real baby sister ;) Yeah I said sister (still keeping my hopes up!).

I was hanging out on Noah's bed because it's the best place to get shots of the kids while they play. Noah got the brilliant idea to swing over me by hanging on the top bunk. I kept screaming "AHHHHH!!!" and he would tell me "watch I not going to hurt you. stop yelling!". It was kinda funny. I had to make him stop though because I didn't want him to land on my baby bump. So THEN he got Nougat the ginormous horse and threw him at me. We got into a little tickle fight and Tristan joined in on the Mama beat-down. I got a little video clip of it :) I am uploading it to youtube right now so look for it in the sidebar.

And that was our day!

Comments

Britni said…
Aww, you guys are so cute :)

Noah is such a handsome little man! I love that 4th picture of him! Tristan is so adorable & full of energy & fun....I love his wild happy expressions.

I wish I could afford to be generous. When I use to work I always showered everyone with gifts ...just because...now I have to start saving in June just to get my own kids some gifts,hehe....but it's soooo worth it to be home with them! I just did a very budgeted Christmas this year. One gift for each cousin and Mark & I are staying under $25 for each other. Don't let it stress you. People will understand that finances are tight with 2 kids and one on the way :)Just think how fun Christmas will be with our kids ages this year!
Haley Elizabeth said…
I'm glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving. Did you go home to Ohio? You didn't say in your post. I wish we could of gone home, but it turned out nice anyway.

I'm not sure what to say about Tristan and the biting. I think your suppose to bite them back for what I hear about it. Haley didn't go through that stage thank goodness!

Yeah, Christmas is really tight yet again this year. I have no clue how to afford a nice Christmas without going into our savings. I just can't do it. I tried to convince his sisters this year not to exchange with his niece and nephews since we won't be there. that didn't work. they still want to get Haley something. So, that means we have to send it this year. Ug, I do love getting gifts for everyone, but sometimes we just can't afford it. It's hard.
Jennifer said…
You should just make crafts with the boys for christmas. You can make homemade christmas ornaments and decorate them up and bake cookies or bread and voila christmas gifts. Amy last year bought wine glasses for her boyfriend (now ex)'s parents and hand painted christmas designs on them. YOu could do that with mugs etc. I bought a piggy bank at Hobby Lobby for six bucks and i'm going to paint it...but just for myself.

The economy has gone to pot so i'm sure everyone will be happy with whatever. Plus now days everyone has everything that they need. I mean, every single person i know has an ipod or mp3 player of sorts...what else could you possibly need? Also, you can give magazine subscriptions! They're like 15 bucks or under and they are like a gift that gives all year (I just gave amy food network magazine subscripption for her birthday...usually when I give them I buy an issue and put it in one of those round wine gift things so that they know what to expect.

So many ideas! :) Merry Christmas friend. I miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing