Friends

With Josh gone I've been browsing through blogs and I keep finding cool people I don't know that live nowhere near me. So here's the question... how do you make friends if you don't have a job and you move a lot? It took me a few years to finally make friends in San Antonio and then we moved. I suppose it's only bothering me because I'm lonely right now and annoyed with being cooped up at home. Even when I have time, what is there to do? I am not huge on hanging out by myself. Mommy groups have this bad habit of being totally one-sided. All you talk about is babies or laundry detergent, cleaning, husbands. It's never about YOU, books you've read, your hobbies, your own life and beliefs. They keep it very superficial. I hate superficial... maybe that's why I find it so hard to make friends hahaha. I did meet Karrie through a Mommy group, and she was a very rare find indeed. I'll be fine once I get another heaping dose of family time for Thanksgiving. I miss my siblings. I never needed friends because I had them. We always have a great time.

Know what? I am going to finish Tristan's scrapbook this week while Josh is gone. That will make me feel better :)

Comments

Michelle said…
I met people in church...working in the nursery or whatever. That's how I met Adele, Wanda and Carrie. Then I met other "friends" when Alex started school. I met Bambi at the bus stop and as part of the home room mom thing. People will come and go throughout your life. There are lonely "ebbs" and then busy "I don't want to be bothered" moments. Currently, I am quite happy to be alone. LOL
Amalia said…
Well, apart from other wives from my unit (they most times fit into the mommy group), School. I have met many new people through school, and I enjoy talking with them becuase its more about politics, books, movies, and what you want to do when you grow up. Meetup.com could be good too.
Britni said…
I think it's hard as a stay at home Mom to meet people. I have always like have a few really good friends rather then a bunch of fake ones :)

I am a little more careful now that I have kids too. I plan on starting to go to a women's group for Mom's through my church in the Spring....that is my only hope,haha. Even when I have friends that live close though when you both have kids it's very hard to coordinate schedules!
Pam said…
Since I don't do the superficial thing very well either I've had to settle for lots of nice acquaintances over the years. It makes me cherish the deeper friendships even more when I realize how rare it is to find those connections.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!
Haley Elizabeth said…
It's really hard to meet people whenever your not working and not able to go out or whatever. I think Dave and I had a lot more friends before we had Haley, but afterwards, it we just me trying to meet people. I met people at the commisary and the park. My neighbors are pretty nice. I guess I try to talk to people that have the same age kids as Haley. I really have only met 2 friend down here that I hang out with and not in a real regular basis though. Thank God, Lindsay moved down here. It's nice to have a friend that you have already known. Dave isn't much of a socializer either and hates the people he works with other then a select few. I'm not very much help with this, but I do feel your pain on this one yet again. Dave will be gone for the next two weeks basically so I always make a huge list of what I need to do to keep myself busy while he's gone. It usually works and then I add things and makes the days go by faster.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing