8 Month Baby Check-up

I went for my 8mo baby appointment today. I got a little bit of "we're worried about you" lecture on my asthma, fundal height, and depression screening. I haven't gained any weight. I measured at 30cm and I should be at 32cm or more (fundal height / tummy size). I admitted that my asthma was worse at night and that I sometimes will just deal with it instead of taking the albuterol because it makes me all jumpy and then I can't sleep. I also admitted to feeling stressed and depressed about our situation and other things. I admitted that I have at one point or another thought about hurting myself (aka punching a wall or getting into a fight with someone). I'm not suicidal, people... geeze. I'm just angry. They're all concerned now so I have to go back in 2 weeks. That's what I get for being honest!

They offered me counseling and I turned it down because there's honestly no point to it at all. I've been to counseling before, while Josh was deployed. They listen to you complain and then you go home. Josh will still be gone. I'll still be pregnant and alone. No one tries to actually do anything to help. They will offer some kind of drug like Prozac that I wouldn't take. Tell me to exercise and eat right. Tell me to take up a hobby. Blah blah blah I know all these bits of advice. I've used them. They work, but not as good as... oh I don't know.... BRINGING MY HUSBAND HOME!!! Until someone can actually do that I'd just be wasting my time. That is the real solution to the problem. Everything else is just temporary. I'm pretty good at making myself feel better and dwelling on things in front of a stranger doesn't help me. If the dang weather would just clear up I wouldn't be having any issues at all because I'd be getting exercise and sunshine and cute pictures!!! Stupid rain.

my smart boy knows warm laundry is the bestest thing to cuddle with!

In Noah news. All day yesterday he went on the potty! :D He pooped on the potty 5 times. Every time was disgusting, of course! lol You can imagine what it was like considering the fact that he had to go more than 5 times in one day. He would only do it if I didn't tell him to. The one time I said "Noah try and go on the potty before we leave" he went behind the couch and pooped in his underwear. That was highly unpleasant, let me assure you. I did not bother trying to save that pair. The grand finale was when I was doing dishes and he suddenly disappeared. I found him buck nekkid in the bathroom, on about his 8th wipe. He didn't do half bad, but now I am no longer allowed to help him wipe. More messes. Joy of joys. I miss diapers already hahaha. His efforts were rewarded with a homemade chocolate chip cookie. Today we've had no potty action yet. We had to rush around and go to the doc. I have faith that he's finally in the actual potty training phase now and it will only get better from here. FINALLY! :D

Comments

Britni said…
I think if any of us were honest about our feelings we'd ALL be on prozac!They think that drugging you will make life easier but really it's just dulling your mind so you don't realize when life kinda stinks,haha...(not to offend anyone who truely need the help,I just think its over prescribed).They tried putting me on Zoloft before I was diagnosed for thyroid and it was awful!
I'm so proud of Noah!!He is doing such a good job :)He deserves a prize!!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing