HE DID IT!! :D :D :D

Noah pooped on the potty!!! :D I never thought the day would come where I would consider taking a picture of crap, but the thought actually crossed my mind today. I didn't, of course. He's eating his brownie right now... his big reward for being such a big boy :) Now we'll see if his excitement will carry on to more and more days of big boy potty usage. YAY!
....

After Noah finished his brownie I made him pose in the bathroom for a quick picture. Oh! But, wait! Not only did Noah go potty on his own today... no no, much more than that... he put on his own shirt! The right way!! He can usually get his shorts on just fine, but he's been having problems with the shirts. Those pesky sleeves don't want to cooperate! His "cheese" face is just too funny.

Today's theme was "I DID IT!!". I heard him say that about 500 times today. He also put his shoes on, buckled his carseat, poured his own juice without spilling (AHHHH!), fed Jellybean for me, and peed on the potty after his bath without any prompting from me. Peeing is major because that means he finally can read his urges and is ready for official potty training. He tried to put underwear on for bed and was pretty heartbroken when I explained to him that he can't wear it until the morning. I'm looking forward to a successful day of actual potty usage tomorrow. I was so worried it would just never happen for Noah. He was so proud of himself today and rightly so. I was proud of him too. My big boy :) I had to reward him! He loves road trips so we went for a drive out to Fredricksburg.

I didn't know where we were going at first. I just started driving and it was a gorgeous route. Noah was really content to just look out the window and tell me all about the tall hills and the planes, cows, clouds, cars, and horses he would see. We didn't do much but walk around downtown, but Noah was happy and I was happy. We like getting out of the house and for once it didn't rain on us... well some of the drive it did. The day went fast and that's how I like it. I just want time to fly until we're a family again... or should I just omit the "again" since it's never really happened before. Dang. Wake me up when September gets here :P

Comments

Britni said…
Yay!!1Good job Noah!I dread potty training,but look forward to no more diapers with Ava :)
Britni said…
I bet he feels like such a big boy now!He really understands what its all about.Ava says "I Peed" when she pees & eww when she poops but we still have a long ways to go & I'm not expecting her to be trained anytime soon.A lot of people are overly anxious I think & end up scaring their kid! You just can't rush them.They all get it at their own time & pace.Way to go Noah!
Yeah Noah!!!!!!!!! I'm feeling that the day will never come with Lily either. She tells me mommy I have to poop and then I set her on the potty and she doesn't go. Then later on she ends up pooping in her diaper. Oh well, I guess when she is ready she will go.
Andrea said…
Woohoo! Congrats on making big boy steps!
Anonymous said…
Hang in there, li'l momma. September will get here before you know it.

Congrats to Noah on being a -big boy-. Such a defining moment in a parents life. Of course, (as Bill Engval says) that moment will be soon replaced with utter mortification when Noah "assumes the position" so you can check to see if he's clean or not.

This will happen at a dinner party, probably. :-)

In the meantime, take another drive to Medina Lake. The lake is -full- again, and there ain't no prettier Lake in Texas than Medina when it's full. Check the Current Lake level here
Anonymous said…
Love you and miss you baby girl....
I remember the day when Mark Jr did as well as Noah...so important to get that one trained before the next one arrives....you look bigger than with Noah....by the way...TWINS?
Love you....always
Mark
Amalia said…
Yay Noah! I can't believe how big he is getting. You know he was only a few months old when I last saw him. I think it was at wings n more. off I10. wow. I miss ya girl. I understand. I feel like August will never be here. Talk to you soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing