A Few Happenstances

I wanted to tell a few quick Noah stories.

Yesterday Noah was sitting on my chair with me, drawing all over the pad of paper I have on my desk for him. We wrote his name together and then I went back to reading the debate transcript on CNN. I look over and what do I see?! Perfect A's, N's, and weird tic-tac-toe H's. He's already mastered the O so now we just have to get them in the right order. I was so shocked and proud I scanned it :) He's not even 3 yet!!

The same day he impressed me also when I caught him opening band-aids again, trying to find boo-boos to put them on. I said "NOAH! Stop wasting the band-aids! Mommy needs those for when you get a real boo-boo. Why are you opening them? You're not hurt or bleeding. Why are you wasting my band-aids?". You know what he did? He shrugged his shoulders, turned his palms up and said "I don't know" clearly and brilliantly. I was so impressed I smiled and laughed so he repeated himself another 3 or 4 times. The best part had to be the puppy dog eyes, though. He's getting so big :(

Today we went out to a steakhouse with my friend Kevin and his mom and step-dad. They were visiting him from South Carolina before he goes back to Iraq. Noah chugged some chocolate milk, ate some of his chicken and fries, and maintained a relatively well-behaved attitude. He impressed Kev's mom with his goodness. The service was slow and Noah started getting antsy. Then he just calmed down and lay on my lap for awhile. I should have thought "hmm, Noah's being awfully quiet. Maybe something is wrong." I didn't. We were all done, the check had just come back after being paid. All of a sudden Noah puked all over the floor, under the booth and onto the seat. I did a quick wipe with a napkin, had myself one good gag, and rushed him over to the bathroom where he threw up again all over the floor and into the sink. I had no idea Noah's stomach could hold so much. I quickly transferred from super-sonic pregnant woman sense of smell nausea to "SUPER MOM" and was able to get him all cleaned up without gagging. My compassion took over for my poor pukey baby. Thank GOD! Josh, you would have been puking as much as Noah was I bet lol. Anyway... I luckily even had an extra pair of shoes in the trunk so we changed him all up and went home. He seems perfectly fine. I think it may have been the chocolate milk. We did a total "puke by" :) Poor poor restaurant. That's what they get for dishing out tainted chocolate milk!

Comments

Britni said…
Have you ever chugged milk.....it really hits your stomach hard,maybe that's what happened?Poor Noah!!!!
I love Noah's letters.That is really good.You HAVE to save that piece of paper,it's just too cute!What a smart boy he is :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing