Less Depressing Update

I am feeling better today. I had a decent conversation with my boo and it really cheered me up. Amazing how much effect one person has on my mood. Noah's been talking so much more lately. He repeats EVERYTHING I say and remembers it and regurgitates it later. He was singing a song from Chicken Little and dancing around earlier today and it was adorable. He's never sung before. He always tells me "NO MOMMY! NO SING! QUIET!" to which I reply "I will always sing, NOAH!" and then sing louder. It's true... I will always sing. Loud and proud and awful :) Singing releases endorphins or something. I think the louder you sing the more endorphins are released. Try it sometime. I thought I would share a couple little Noah-isms before I forget them.

A spatula is called a "black hook" no matter how slowly I say it he never changes his pronunciation. He will tell me "No, Mommy. Black Hook. Make cook. Be quiet."

When reading Sandra Boynton's "Moo, Baa, LaLaLa" he will say every sound the animals make. When we get to the horse says neigh I do the horse thing with my lips... wow this is hard to explain in type. Anyway... then I make Noah smile or laugh so he has a hard time doing it. We laugh for about 3 minutes every night. It just never gets old. He tries so hard not to smile! I'm not allowed to turn to the last page until he gets out a good NEIGH :::phhhh::: lol. It's like trying to whistle while eating a saltine.

My favorite words of his are "LOOOK" because he really over annunciates the OOO part. If you don't look he will move your head and force you to look. The other one is "what" because he says it perfectly. He says it all the time, at the weirdest times. He says it when he doesn't understand something. He says it when he's in shock. He says it to get out of trouble or avoid doing something... "Noah, pick up your toys"... "what?". It's innocent and adorable. It always makes me laugh.

He says "thank you, mommy" and "sorry, mommy" allllll the time. For everything and anything. Most of the time it doesn't make sense. I tell him I need to change his diaper and he runs away. I yell at him to get to his room so I can change him and he gets out from behind the couch and says "thank you, mommy". Maybe he does it to stifle my anger. It works. Any time I yell at him for something he goes running off to his room, crying the whole way there. Then he comes back and hugs me a minute later and says "sorry, mommy". He's so stinkin' precious.

I'm glad Josh will get to know his son finally so he can enjoy all Noah's personality quirks as much as I do. Noah really is a special kid. He's extremely cuddly and lovable, empathetic and compassionate, independent, defiant. He's just a tiny person and it's an amazing thing to be a part of. I can't wait to go through it all over again :) Here's a pic I drew of Noah and I (and the original). I made it for a friend as a birthday present so I wasn't able to post it, but he has it now so I can plaster it all over the internets without spoiling the surprise :) It's not perfect, but I am damn proud of how well it turned out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing - reading about Noah-isms makes me smile!
Britni said…
You did a great job describing Noah's personality!I feel like I know him!I know what you mean about loving the little people they are becoming.It's so much fun to see them learn new things.It's amazing once you have your second.It may sound strange but I was wondering how on earth I could love another child as much as I love Ava and as soon as I saw Ember I fell in love all over again.Your heart just grows bigger you don't have to give up any of the love you have for your 1st born :)Ok...I'm rambling.I can't wait to see your new baby.I wonder what he or she will look like :)
by the way I LOVE the drawing!!!
Jen said…
I love how you can be so descriptive! And i am so jealous with your creativity! What an awesome drawing you did. I'm almost temped to have you draw a picture of my girls! I also love your belly, You look really good this far along! I cant wait to see pictures of your new baby. When are you due again?
Allison said…
Thanks, Jen! I swear I'm not normally that good. I almost didn't give my friend his present and kept it for myself haha. I'm due September 22nd. I can't wait to see my baby either! It's really fun not knowing if it's a girl or boy.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing