It's July!

Man this year is going by fast. We went and saw "Ratatouille" yesterday. It was good! We got there a little late and had to sit in the 2nd row, which was NOT good. Noah was freaking out because it was just too loud and too big for him to handle. He and I eventually moved waaaaay up top so that everything wasn't so overwhelming for him. He still wanted me to cover his ears with my hands for a good 10 minutes after we got up there. I don't know why they have to play movies so loud anyway.

Before we left for the movies Noah and I basically just laid in my bed. You can tell by my face I was stinkin' exhausted. I think I was just physically and emotionally drained from the week. I brought a bunch of Disney movies to my room and drifted in and out of consciousness as Noah gleefully watched, excited to be in Mommy's bed.

Today I'm feeling more energized. I was even bold enough to finally go grocery shopping! That was an experience. We left my house where it was sunny and not 3 minutes down the road it was pouring rain. Luckily we had our umbrellas. It was still pouring when we were all done and checked out. There was a nice 3" deep river in the parking lot. It was moving quickly enough to rip my sandal off and drag it a few feet away from me before I caught it. All the groceries were soaked, we were soaked, but it wasn't freezing Ohio rain so it didn't feel too horrible. The pic doesn't even remotely show what it was like. It was blowing into my trunk. There were puddles in the bags. This waffle box disintegrated when I got it home. Good thing the waffles were in plastic within that cardboard. My entire back was drenched. But, it was oddly fun.

Josh and I looked at houses and finally picked a boy's name! We also decided I should stay in Texas and have the baby (thanks, V!). I have a much bigger support system here, it's just safer and less stressful. Josh will be in the states on September 1st, officially now. Then he goes over to AZ and will find us a nice place to set up house and we'll come out when the baby's about 2 weeks old. Vita has offered tons of help so I'm not even nervous. It's a great feeling. So, that's pretty much it. Noah's bugging me for attention and is excited at the prospect of changing my sheets (since his stinky nasty feet were in them). By time we finish it will hopefully be bedtime.

Comments

Britni said…
That has happened to Ava & I before (when I was pregnant with Ember...all of our boxes were ruined too & nobody would help me out to the car ...I had sooo many groceries!I love rain though so I got over it,hhaha :)I love the 1st 3 pics...so cute!
Jen said…
My feet are so swollen from pregnancy that the only shoes i can wear are flip flops. So lucky me every time i feel like going shopping we get a bit of rain and i practically slip right out of them running to my car. Which is not a very pretty site for strangers. But i have no choice! What names do you have picked out? I should get on that for our baby!!??

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing