Sparks, Pops, and Booms

Happy 4th of July, everyone!!

We tried to make it out to a fireworks show, but we ended up watching the horizon explode as we drove around. Noah didn't mind it at all. I bought a ton of little sparky pop cheap-o stuff for him to play with. First we popped all our confetti and played with the streamers a little.

Next I lit the black snakes. I tried unsuccessfully to use kitchen matches... it was quite annoying. Finally I dug up the lighter I had packed away with the candles. Noah liked smashing the snakes into piles of nasty black dust. He was COVERED in it. Thankfully I bought 2 4th of July outfits ;) Do I know my Noah or what. As soon as the snakes were done we took a break and cleaned up. That reminds me... I need to wipe all the little black hand prints off the side of the tub.

Our friend Kevin came over around 6:30. He had been gone for a month so it was awesome to see him again. Noah played with sparklers while Kev and I caught up with each other. I had 72 sparklers so we had plenty of distractions for the Noah. We played with a few ourselves as well :) I still have half of them left.

Once it got dark we tried to drive over to the Six Flags area and catch the fireworks, but ended up being too late. It's ok, though... we watched them from the car and that was great for Noah. He's not a big fan of loud noises anyway. I had to wake him up in his carseat a few times so he wouldn't miss them. Eventually I just let him fall asleep and we came back home. He barely woke up at all while I chanegd him and put him to bed. Hopefully he'll sleep in!! Goodnight.

Comments

Britni said…
Sounds like fun!You have such a cute pregnant belly!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing