Adventures in Potty Training

Noah and I will take a nap together in my bed if I plan to take one too. Otherwise, he'll sleep in his bed and I will attend to whatever issues need attending. Lately I don't care what needs attended to, I nap. Today was no different. I always wake up before he does. ALWAYS DOES NOT APPLY TO CHILDREN! :P

We laid down at 2. By 2:30 I was starting to drift off and I thought Noah was too. He may have fallen asleep... I don't know because I was definitely out for the count. It's now 4pm and Noah is up and yelling at me that he needs a new diaper. Oh my gentle jeebus. He's standing by my bedside, naked, slightly smelly, trying to climb back up. NO!!!! I'm getting up. Wait. He runs off and I catch a glimpse of brown streaks along his back and arms. Oh dear God. He's trying to straddle a diaper and put it on himself in the hallway. Noah, just stop! You can't do it alone let me help you. Go get a pull-up! OK, Mommy! Pull-up YEAH! I POOPED! He most certainly did poop... the question is where. I quickly waddle over to his room to check things out.

::WARNING:: Graphic Content! haha

My first priority is Noah since he's running around like mad, streaked with poo. He has no idea. Any poo that was on the front of him has been mostly wiped away. He was quite shocked when I told him to stand up because he had poop all over his butt and was getting it on the carpet, while trying to put a pull-up on. I get the bulk of it off with baby wipes. Ugh... this is a job for soap and water.

The bathroom... oh the bathroom. I had to take pictures. Noah runs in ahead of me, still proud of being a big boy. I can't open the door all the way. The rug by the toilet has been thrown into the closet and the floor is covered in water and tiny pieces of soggy brown TP. The main attraction however, is his potty seat which is COVERED in pretty brown streaks and prominently displayed in the middle of the room. He obviously had tried to clean it off with toilet paper... unsuccessfully. His stool is upside down, holding a bit of water. There's an empty roll of toilet paper on the floor. Wow... that roll was full a couple hours ago. So were the wipes. Where are the wipes? Noah, where are the wipes? All gone in there! (pointing to the toilet). No idea where the container is. Why are my feet wet? Where's the rug? Why is there water on the floor? I glance in the toilet and there are a few shards of tattered, brown-tinged toilet paper, but no signs of overflow. Bonus! Thank God Noah is a frequent flusher! But, still... why is the floor wet?! Back on target. Noah.

I throw the poop seat onto the toilet and wash Noah off in the sink with lots and lots of soap. Noah you have to get me next time. You need help when you go potty. Mommy has to help you. Don't try to do it all by yourself. Somehow I don't think this pep talk will work. Noah's clean and covered, off and running again. He's so excited about pooping on the potty. I'm oh so glad... note the sarcasm? He's helping himself to nutri-grain bars, famished from all the work he was doing. I'm soaking what I hope is water off the floor, putting the rug back in place. I find the empty wipes container on the floor in Noah's room and throw it back into the bathroom. I stare at the poop seat. It stares back. Poop seat can wait lol. I'll blog instead. On my way out of the bathroom I catch a glimpse of Noah scaling the entertainment center, looking for "Aristocats". Movie time indeed. Someone please remind me why Noah going on the potty is a good thing? hahahaha I still have no idea what all the water on the floor was about. I'm never napping again, I guess. I'm really going to miss napping :(

Comments

Britni said…
Oh my...that would exhaust me & I'm NOT 8 months pregnant!!You poor thing...I do still remember what it feels like to be round,waddling & oh so tired from chasing around a toddler.They are so messy aren't they?
Today at lunch Ava accidentally flinged cottage cheese into Ember hair.I later caught her trying to bathe in lemonade.She had emptied her entire sippy onto herself & was rubbing it into her skin....oyyye.
Allison said…
YES!! I feel like all I ever do is clean up messes. He just squeezed a bunch of sunscreen onto the dining room table and smeared it all over his hands and face. He was SUPPOSED to be eating!
Anonymous said…
haha that is a great story. I bet it wasn't funny to live it though. You must defintely remember these things to tell his girlfriends or wife and even his children.
I can't image doing this at 8 months pregnant. I'm sure you'll beable to nap again. Maybe lock all the bathroom doors next time?? haha
Allison said…
Katie, it was funny and exhausting at the same time. I definitely plan to tell this story at least 100 times lol.

Locking doors doesn't help because he figured out how to unlock all of them. He even figured out which key opens our firesafe box, unlocks which car doors, which key goes in which ignition. Luckily our cars don't get out of park unless you are hitting the brake. He's too smart... he drives me crazy sometimes!
Britni said…
I just saw the centiped picture you posted on my blog,eek! it was huge!!!!
I am laughing hysterically. You are such a good writer especially at describing in great detail. I do feel for you though. I know you must be so exhausted. I'm sure he is keeping you active during this pregnancy. I was always told the more active you are doing a pregnancy the easier time you will have with delivery. Who knows?
Anonymous said…
I agree with Beth, I heard that to. If it's true, this baby will just fall out and there will be no pain!!! :) LUCKY YOU!!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing