It Didn't Rain Today!! :D

We finally had a chance to escape the house today! It didn't rain at all (here) all day long so we took a few trips out to parks to explore. Noah covered himself in band aids, dressed himself, and we were off! We went out to Boerne, once again we didn't plan it. Now that I've looked at the site I think we'll have to go back for the German festivals. I'm 50% German after all, which means Noah is at least 25%... right? I think Noah would enjoy a good oompah band. There's all kinds of fun stuff coming up. Maybe I can drag some relatives along ::wink wink::

Noah made a huge deal out of every person with a fishing pole. "LOOOK, Mommy! Catch fish!! LOOK LOOOK!!! HE DID IT! LOOOOK!! FISH! CAUGHT IT!!!!"... I can't do his excitement justice I assure you. His "Look" sounds a lot more like "Luke" sometimes. He thought every piece of bait was a fish someone had caught and he wouldn't leave until he was SURE I looked at it long and hard. The fisherfolk just thought he was cute. The water's been so high that everyone is fishing everywhere. I told him Daddy would teach him how to fish when he gets home. He's all excited about it :) I'm sure Josh will be too! We also saw some geese to which Noah responded with utter fear. He saw them swim across the river to beg for bread from these little girls and he just flipped out. He yelled "GEESE COMING!" and ran. He continued to run and run and run while telling me "Geese coming, Mommy! Hurry!! Hurry!! Oh noooo!". I was laughing and waddling as fast as I could. I finally convinced him to calm down because the geese were at least 2 football fields away by that time. I let him take a few pictures, which always thrills him... he got a pretty nice shot of my baby bump and knees lol. All the running must have made him hungry because he ate 3/4 of a grilled turkey and swiss sandwich and 2 pancakes. Maybe he's going through a growth spurt. It's been awhile.

We had a late nap after a late lunch. When we woke up we were both in a great mood still so we went out again. I hadn't taken Noah back to the Duck Pond near our house in a long time so we went on over to check it out. There were some new geese there. Not geese again!! haha This time he just stomped his foot and told them "go away, geese!". Maybe it was the amount of geese at the other park. There were at least 15 of them and they were all squawking. I don't blame him for running! Noah took advantage of me not paying full attention to him as I was getting pics of the new geese and grabbed a duckling. He didn't hurt it or anything, but that water is GROSS! I didn't take a pic. I just wanted him to release the wild animal. We also saw more fishermen. This guy was fishing with his 2 boys and as Noah was gushing over the poles and bait and everything "FISH MOMMY LOOOOK" the Dad said "hi, little man" to Noah. Noah replied "hey, man" and waved at him. It was very adorable. Tomorrow we'll have to plan better. He has his bag packed with his binoculars and camera like Mommy. We need to go someplace where they'll be useful. Noah was uber cute today :)

Comments

Babs Haake said…
Allie, Noah looks just like Josh in that last photo of him with his blue baseball cap on. You can really see his daddy in that pic. You are right, he IS uber cute!
Britni said…
Sounds like lots of running around & lots of fun!I remember I did the exact same thing with Ava as my belly got bigger & bigger.It's so good for them to go on special trips like that with Mommy.I still go just me & Ava & go to a park...we are a park obsessed family! :)It will never get old.I guess Mark & I just love nature....you can tell by our daughters middle names :)
I can hear Noah say Loook Mommy! How cute!
Anonymous said…
Thanks Allie for the pep talk about the potty. It made me feel much better. It's going to be a long process but I guess we can't have our frustration get the best of us!

BTW You are one strong women doing this all by yourself basically! I admire you so much! I know how it is to have a husband away for 8 months but not 3 years! Go us military wives!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing