Termites, Ants, and Spiders... oh my!

I've been getting visits from various pest control guys for free estimates on our bug problem. They just keep getting cheaper and cheaper! The first 2 guys said $480 then $650. The last 2 (with 25 and 35 years of experience) said the termites I have aren't wood boring and a treatment isn't necessary so they quoted me $150. The only issue I really have is carpenter ants. Yay! I'm so glad I'm a shopper. Sometimes I'm not (like with clothes and everyday items), but most of the time I really research something before I go dive in and buy it. That's why I love the internet so much :)

Now about the spiders. Noah still draws them on our dry-erase board all the time. They've been getting better and better. This one had a face and was cracking me up so I had to share. I took a video too that I'm going to upload to his online scrapbook. The video was adorable as well.

Potty Training: BOOOOO! He has one great day where I can see a ray of hope and then he's right back to how he was before. Noah's problem is that going on the potty is a waste of time for him. When I tell him I need to change his diaper (regardless of what he's done in it or how long it's been there) he runs away. He dives behind the couch, locks himself in a room, locks himself in the car, runs outside. I tried letting him have his way to teach him a lesson. His diaper fell to his ankles from all the running and diving (it was just wet). He was upset. I took a video and laughed at him because it's just silly, quite frankly. Did this teach him anything? No. I am tired of yelling and chasing. Smacking is pointless... if I smack him he'll only be sure to run sooner and longer. Threats work, but I grow weary of repeating myself over and over again. So when people see the pictures of Noah with a full diaper this is why. I bought him a new stool to stand on so he can pee like a big boy. That was exciting for about 10 minutes. I admittedly am not devoting too much effort into it. I'm just not looking forward to this battle.

Lately all he ever says is "I DO IT!". I have to let him push every button, flip every light switch, get out utensils, buckle belts, get my keys, get dressed, flush the toilet, use the broom... the list goes on. Of course he doesn't always win, but most of the time I just let him. It's much less obnoxious than the whining fit that will immediately follow. Also what it really boils down to is I just get impatient and want it done faster. He wants to be independent which is good, but AGHH... why does he insist on doing EVERYTHING! I'll be thankful when the baby gets here. I keep telling myself that. We've entered into a battle of wills. I am strong-willed and stubborn. He's strong-willed, stubborn, and totally cute. Who will win... ME, of course!!! Mommy always wins. But, DANG he sure puts up a long fight! I'll just keep telling myself that means he's smart ;)

Comments

Britni said…
Haha,thats funny.I agree potty training is going to be hard!The hard thing is that you can't force them....it's the one thing you really cant trick them into doing,haha.It's all up to them.Noah will just all of a sudden want to do it all the time and this will be a thing of the past.For your sake I hope he chooses to stick to it before the baby comes.Two babies in diapers is sooo expensive....you forget how many diaper a newborn can go through!!
Ava tells me when she pee's and in some ways I think she's getting ready for potty training but then she can't undress herself so what are you suppose to do?!I have a looong road ahead of me. :)
I love the spider picture. He is just too cute. I think he is in this stage of exhaustion and I have a feeling they are all going to be in it for a while!
Britni said…
Hey you haven't posted in a few days,is everything ok?
Hope you're alright! :)
xoxo
Brit

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing