It's that time again...

We have some stray cat and dog issues here in Texas. First I must give some background as to the problem at hand. Now, I'm not pointing any fingers or trying to sound like a racist, but many of the Mexicans do not take good care of their animals. They never get them fixed. They have nasty coats and poor manners (the animals, not the Mexicans). I had a neighbor introduce me to a kitten and later (after it was grown), when I found a starving cat with babies in my shed he denied ever seeing said animal. Just this instance alone was a guaranteed 6 stray, un-fixed felines.

There's this crazy lady who lives a couple houses down from us that feeds all the strays. She also has been known to visit her mailbox in the morning wearing nothing but a pair of shorts. This could be a nice benefit for the menfolk in the neighborhood if she weren't a saggy 70+ old woman. In fact this sight has traumatized my poor neighbor's 12yr old boy. She visits my house pretty often because one of her strays just looooves climbing onto my roof. This is really fun because he sits right over the living room window and she calls and calls to him while we watch TV.

So, needless to say we have a bit of a problem in my neighborhood. Last night I was awoken at 3:30 to the melodic sounds of cats in heat. Normally I sleep through everything, but since I had Noah any sound that resembles a baby's cry has me awake in seconds. I was walking around my front yard at 3am with a maglite, wishing I had a slingshot and some HUGE rocks. Luckily my presence was enough to convince them to move to a new location to continue their mating calls. If they had woken Noah up I would probably have a few dead cat remnants in my tires. Sorry, I am not a cat person.

I can handle a few cats that I know... like my mom's cat Floyd. He's a nice cat, but if I had to deal with him and be responsible for him I would go crazy. I am highly allergic to cats and can't stand their little bitchy attitudes. I find them to be selfish. I prefer animals you can train. I love animals though so when I found those kittens in my shed I took damn good care of them. Too bad they ran off before I could take them all to the vet to get fixed. I hope they all get some soon so I don't have to listen to this crap much longer.

Comments

Pam said…
You have painted quite a mental picture, Allie, with the topless saggy 70+ year-old woman... I hope she has a shirt on while she's standing there in front of your window calling her cat whlie you're watching tv!

I'm allergic to cats too. I'm allergic to everything. I'm probably allergic to myself which is why I still can't breathe.

Glad Noah was good for your doctor appointment and really glad you got some asthma meds!
Britni said…
I love animals and my cat too,but she can drive me nuts too!The past few months she puts her face up to Avas door and howls as LOUD as she can every morning at 5:30 am.Ava usually sleeps til 8-8:30 so I have to literally pin my cat down while I sleep to keep her from roaming & howling.As soon as we get a house she is going to be locked up in the basement at night.rrrr.Other then her crazy howling I love her but sometimes I want to beat her,haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing