Planes!

Today started off real slow. I was tired pretty much all day, even after a nap. I admittedly was not patient with Noah at all during the morning. I was sorta ignoring him and I would yell at him over little things that don't usually make me mad... like accidentally spilling malt-o-meal all over the carpet. Maybe that's why the day sucked, it started off with me running the rug cleaner before I even got to eat my breakfast (or at least the half that wasn't in the rug). One of the hardest things about being a "single mom" has to be the inability to escape. As much as I love Noah I can totally understand how 19yr old single moms end up abusing their children. It's not for lack of love, it's the total frustration of never having a moment alone and no help. Even when people help, it's really not that much of a relief because the help is used to perfom responsible acts like... appointments. And the people who help sometimes just end up making me feel like I owe them something. Well I don't want to owe anyone anything... not even the pleasure of my company. Josh is supposed to be here telling me "go out for awhile babe, I have him" and I won't feel like I owe him something or that he's doing me a favor. He's Daddy, that's his job. So anyway... After our nap I decided it was time to break down and get coffee and take Noah to a place where he can stop climbing on me and climb on something else.

It's nice living near an Air Force base with a kid who looooves planes. There are planes sticking out of the ground all over Lackland. Today I finally pulled over and let Noah get a real close look on the way to the park. He thoroughly enjoyed it and I did as well :)





I explained to Noah that daddy used to work with the bombs that were under the planes. He didn't seem to really care. I also told him that his Uncle Glenn used to work with planes in the Air Force. He also didn't seem to care about that one. He did, however really care about a rabbit (technically a jackrabbit methinks) we saw camped out in the shade of a plane. He also was fascinated by every single fireant hill we passed and there were a LOT of them.



After we walked up to all the planes we piled back into the Honda and drove over to the playground I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. I got pictures this time! They definitely do not do this place justice. I didn't feel the need to take a shot from every angle at all 3 of the playgrounds so I have one of each. 6-12yr olds, 0-3yr olds & 3-6yr olds.


Comments

Britni said…
It looks like you guys had a fun day.I love being outside .We got to be outside for about 3 days and now its freezing & snowing again.Ugh..I can't WAIT for summer :)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing