Time to exercise my bragging rights

I am a much happier person today. I think it's due to adult interaction. My eldest niece Rachel is in town visiting her boyfriend over spring break and we all went to the zoo. Also I was able to help them out just by showing them around San Antonio and being their chauffeur since they didn't have a car. I love being able to help people, especially family. They are only 5 years younger than me, but because Rach is family it's sometimes hard to see her as an adult. It's definitely gotten easier and this visit I think it really sunk in for me. She's all grown up and she's wonderful. I've been an aunt since I was 5 years old so I have plenty of young adults in my family that have never called me aunt except when they were making a joke. I prefer it that way, actually. The first 2 nephews and 2 nieces are all old enough to be peers to me. We basically grew up together.

Rachel is 20, going to college away from home. She's never had anything handed to her and has worked her butt of for everything she owns. She has been dating her boyfriend for longer than I've even known my husband. They're both older than Josh was when we got married. How's that for perspective! She's extremely intelligent and responsible and driven. She's a very good girl with strong morals and convictions. She's great with kids and such a wonderful help. She loves her family and is thankful for what she has. She's gorgeous, but humble. She's also an excellent soccer player! I am very proud of her.

Alex is 19, going to college on a full-ride honor's scholarship. She's hilarious and personable. She's intelligent (obvious since she got the full-ride). She has strong morals and convictions. She's secretive, but honest. She was almost an olympic gymnast, but stopped to pursue college. She's also in track and soccer. She excels at anything she tries, academically or physically. She's also gorgeous, but humble. I'm very proud of her.

Mark Jr. is 18 and just graduated from Marine boot camp. He had a tough time in school and was diagnosed with ADHD later. He struggled and made it ahead and then continued to push himself to do better and better. He wanted to be able to get out on his own, but knew that his academic background wouldn't suffice so he looked into the service. He followed his father's footsteps and chose the Marine Corp. He has come a long long way from the kid he used to be. He's a wonderful, bright, talented person. I wish him all the best. I worry about him a lot! I'm very proud of him.

Caleb is 17 and doing wonders. He's a tested genius, very quiet and quirky (like most geniuses). He's extremely helpful, honest, loving, and caring. He's always willing to help and always notices when help is needed. He's very dedicated to his family. He never goes with the crowd and has great morals. He's an accomplished drummer (but he plays all the other rhythm instruments too), goal keeper, and catcher. I'm very proud of him.


What more could an aunt ask for :) Well... I have 8 other nieces and nephews who are most assuredly going to be just as wonderful when they grow up. I'm so happy with my family :) Noah is going to have a lot of support and a lot of reasons to strive to be great.

Comments

Pam said…
Your family tree is beautiful. And smart!
Allison said…
Thank you! You forgot HUGE ;)
Pam said…
Oops, sorry.

And HUGE.

:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing