6 Months

Tristan was officially 6 months old yesterday. He can sit up for about a minute now without any outside help and he's getting better every day. He's still working on the crawling. He's eating baby food and we're working on getting him to actually like sippy cups and juice or water. It's a process. He's really great with his hands already and is such a strong baby. According to babycenter Tristan is advanced! He's already developed stranger anxiety, which is something that isn't supposed to happen until around 7 or 8 months. I don't know what that means, really... I mean... what part of the brain develops fear of strangers and is it good that it has developed early?

Child's Age
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)

Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
6 months • Turns toward sounds and voices
Imitates sounds
Rolls over in both directions
Is ready for solid foods
• Sits without support
• Mouths objects
• Passes objects from hand to hand
• Lunges forward or starts crawling
Jabbers or combines syllables
Drags objects toward himself

This also means I made it to my breastfeeding goal! I still feel great and don't plan on stopping until it feels like we're ready. They recommend 12 months so I guess that's my new goal :) YAY ME! It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Not having a job makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE. Also having another child makes a huge difference too because it makes feeding time a whole lot more exciting or relaxing, depending on the situation.

Comments

Britni said…
Happy six months Tristan!!!

He is doing great on all of his milestones! :)

Yay for meeting your breastfeeding goal! I think when you are doing things the second time around you have more confidence in what you're doing.
It's easy if you are an optimist too. I think having a good attitude abot things always helps!
I don't really have a goal now. I just told myself I will just keep breastfeeding as long as Ember & I want to. No....not til she is 3...haha....just until I feel one of us is ready to stop. She loves nursing & I love being able to nurse her. Ember still doesn't drink from sippy's, she chews on them & makes the water come out. Here & there she will take a suck. Anyways Congrats on 6 months of nursing! Whether you think it's been easier then you thought or not it is still a lot of work and you deserve a pat on the back!! :D
Haley Elizabeth said…
Congratulations on 6 months of breastfeeding. I think it's awesome. I'm sure it was harder this time around b/c of moving, Noah, husband etc. I'm so proud of you for getting so far. That is great!

Happy 6 months Tristan! I can't believe he's 6 months already. Time flies!
Haley Elizabeth said…
Congratulations on 6 months of breastfeeding. I think it's awesome. I'm sure it was harder this time around b/c of moving, Noah, husband etc. I'm so proud of you for getting so far. That is great!

Happy 6 months Tristan! I can't believe he's 6 months already. Time flies!
Nerdular said…
that's because breastfeeding IS a job. one im really really hoping im able to do when (if) i have kids.

im so proud of you for making it to 6 months! :) he looks and sounds so healthy. can't wait to cuddle him again.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing