Easter Weekend

We had a fun family weekend. Josh and I are both exhausted from dealing with a sugared-up 3yr old, but we're glad he had fun. You gotta let 'em go crazy once in awhile! OK... so Friday Noah and I made chocolate chip cookies. I was pretty sure it wouldn't actually work, considering the nature of the choc chip cookie, but we cut them into Eastery shapes. Flowers, butterflies, bunnies, and eggs... oh my. They looked pretty cute before they went in. Post cooking however, they looked like a huge delicious cookie blob. I think next year we'll get a pan that's shaped like a bunny or an egg or something and just do one huge cookie and decorate it after baking.

Saturday we colored our Easter eggs. This was the first time for Noah and BOY was he excited. Surprisingly enough his eggs didn't end up a nasty brown color after all the dipping and re-dipping he did. Coloring eggs was a yearly thing for us... we're talking HUGE, people. We each got an entire dozen to color and we would take hours getting every egg just how we wanted it. Josh apparently didn't color eggs very often growing up, so he of course had to color a few. I showed him some techniques. I'm pretty sure he had fun. He made a "World's Greatest Dad" egg and a "Sexy Mom" egg for me :) I guess I'm not the greatest ;) hahaha. Next year we're definitely boiling more eggs!

This morning Noah woke to find a full Easter basket in his doorway. We were still sleeping, but he was sure to drag it over to our bed and tell us all about the candy and toys the Easter Bunny had brought to him. The first thing I ate this morning was a reese's peanut butter cup. MmmmmMmmMMMmmm. That'll perk you up. Noah continued on his chocolatey sugar binge well into the day. Once he got a little too out of control we cut him off (and many a protest was made). He seriously couldn't stop moving and smiling. It was entertaining, but draining. We hid all the eggs (twice) and he was just as excited every time he found an egg as the first one he found "AN EGG! LOOK! I PIND IT!". After that we were wiped out so we ate our ham dinner and put the kids down early. It's so nice to have peace and quiet again. I don't understand how so many parents can live like that every day... feeding their kids all that sugar and caffeine. Craziness, I tell you.

So that was our weekend. Right now we're packing Josh up for a class he has to leave for next week. He'll be gone for a month. I keep reminding myself that a month is a long time, but I honestly can't trick my brain into actually believing that after a 38 month separation. I'm going to make use of my time alone and go visit Karrie and her family. Maybe I'll stay there the whole month... who knows! I know I'm really going to miss him. Another huge reason to take the trip. I hope you all had a great Easter!!

Comments

Nerdular said…
yesterday i was just thinking "hey, karrie is in georgia. i wonder if allie's gone to see her yet?" cool! tell her i said hi! have fun :) how far is she from you?
Nerdular said…
ps: i really wish you could come visit me!! :( the wildflowers are coming up and i got sad when i realized we can't take pictures of noah (and tris!) in them this year...
Britni said…
That is a great family shot of the four of you :)

I can't wait until we will have a house with normal lighting for pictures! There is always good natural light in all of your shots!

Ava has cookies here & there but this Easter was the 1st time he had real candy. She snuck a couple handfuls of jelly beans and became a bean fiend! She stuffed like 6 into her mouth & had red jelly bean juice dripping out of her mouth...it was funny, but gross :)
Ava is always on a natural sugar high....she doesn't need candy to get her wound up....candy just makes her giggle a lot,haha.
Haley Elizabeth said…
Allie that last family shot is a good picture! How cute! I'm glad you guys had a fun family Easter weekend. I know it's sucks that Josh is leaving for a month, but at least it's only a month this time. Dave would leave for those month long out to seaers and I would go home to Ohio. It would make the time fly much faster there then by myself here. Haley was about 4 months when he left the first time and then 6 months the second month long trip. It was nice to have family around. I hope you do take the trip. It will do wonders!!! Stay the whole month to you deserve a nice long vacation :)
bridget said…
Love your pictures, especially the one of your whole family! Great Easter memories!

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing