No Nap for Me

Since I opted for tax returns and a much needed shower instead of a nap today. I thought I would use what little precious minutes I have left to show everyone some endearing Noah quirks. Today's topic: Outside Play

Just a shopping cart full of balls, you say? Mommy knows what this really is. This is my toddler's expression of dominance and defiance against the only being he's allowed. Emma (the dog). Every one of these balls belongs to Emma and every time we go outside he gathers them together and places them into this basket out of her reach in order to prove to her that he's better because he has thumbs. Then he pushes them around saying "No, Mama my ball". I make him share, don't worry. Poor Emma.

This is Noah's very own 4 wheeler. It's electric and actually moves! His favorite part is the trunk. He fills it with as many rocks as he can find as well as various "tools" found strewn over the yard. He enjoys opening the trunk, taking out a rock, throwing it, finding it again, and exclaiming "ROCK!". He's also decorated the seat with sidewalk chalk. It's art to me! To ride this beast he stands along the side with one foot on the pedal, never sits. He's an odd one.

Here is Noah playing in a huge fireant-hill with one of his many tools from the trunk. It was cold today so the ants weren't really active. You can tell by his stantz that he's been bitten before. I don't really freak out about it because he knows better than to sit in it or actually spend any time IN the hill, just meanders around it and agitates the little a-holes. I hate fireants and am for any torture he wants to dish out to them. Also his nifty boots provide a slick protective layer of "green frog" rubber all the way up to his kneecaps.

That's my Noah :)

Comments

Pam said…
I pretty much just read your whole blog, Allie... You have a beautiful family! You seem to handle the ups and downs of military life with grace, dignity, and a ton of humor.
"Hang in there" sounds so trite and stupid, but I want to convey something to you that tells you I am hoping for the best for you, Josh, Noah and the baby, that your time apart will be short, that your time together will be sweet, that you may find comfort in the busy daily doings as a mom.
I will enjoy checking back here to see what's new.
Take care...
P.S. I am in awe of anyone who serves in the military -- always have been.
Allison said…
Thanks for your compliments and words of encouragement, Pam! I try ;)
I'm excited to read your blog too. I loved reading the "tributes" to Peter and Lizzie. I can tell you are a wonderful mother who can be a mom and a friend at the same time. Your kids seem happy and very well-adjusted. Kudos to you!
Pam said…
Thanks! Now that my kids are grown, I realize how much I loved being their mom. It sounds like such a cliche, "enjoy them while they're still little," but now I finally get why everyone says that.
:-/

But it's nice to enjoy them now all grown up too. I just wish you could freeze some of those moments in time.

You do all sorts of fun stuff with Noah -- what a great mom! Not just because you do things with him, but it's obvious you LIKE to do things with him.
Britni said…
Hahahaha!What a character Noah is :)I love the pictures.He seems like such a fun little boy.

Popular posts from this blog

Allie Update

Victim Triangle

Enough Planning, More Doing